The Bounty Hunter

The Bounty Hunter

222,551,640 (4)None
Recently added byfinallycj, Harley0326

I received this free as an ebook thru LibraryThing Early Reviewers. The plot of the story was believable and the characters were made to seem real. It mixes corrupt government officials, organized crime, and what someone will do when desperate to save someone they love, into a action packed story. Even with the numerous storylines being weaved throughout the book, the pace is easy to follow. While it can at times be predictable, there are other times when the reader is totally surprised.
My only problem with this book is not with the author or the plot; it is with the editing of it.
While I realize that it is written with the British version of various words (such as, realise instead of the familiar American version realize), I still had problems with the grammar and/or editing of this book. There were many places where words were either omitted or the wrong tense had been used. ( )
  finallycj | Jul 2, 2015 |
I received a copy of this book from LibraryThing for an honest review

Jake Andersin works for the FBI and discovers that one of the heads of the department is involved in a mass corruption scheme. His nightmare begins when he finds out a four million dollar bounty has been placed on him. Jake knows the only way to survive is to run and never look back. Will Jake be able to avoid being captured or killed? Can he reinvent himself in another country and feel safe?

Kevin is a police officer who has a very ill little girl. He has raised her by himself and she is more important to him than his own life. The doctors tell him that she needs a heart transplant in order to survive. Kevin is offered a chance to have his daughters medical bills paid , but has to do something that could be illegal or cost him his own life. What does Kevin decide to do? Is Kevin willing to risk everything to save his daughter?

The author does a great job of developing the characters and keeping the story flowing . It is a great story about lies, deceit, defending the truth and survival. Once I started reading the book, I knew I was in for a book that would keep me guessing to the end. The bounty hunters are a determined , fearless group in the book that will do unthinkable things in order to assure them a payout. The race to catch Jake is packed with a nonstop roller coaster ride that makes your heart race . The author has written a good story that holds your attention throughout the book and writes an ending so powerful you won't see it coming. ( )
  Harley0326 | Jun 23, 2015 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

's book The Bounty Hunter was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,318,978 books! | Top bar: Always visible