When An Alpha Purrs (A Lion's Pride) (Volume…

When An Alpha Purrs (A Lion's Pride) (Volume 1)

by Eve Langlais

"4 out of 5 stars! Two very stubborn people find one another, feel a pull for one another, and both are reluctant to let go. The only trouble is that one of them is human while the other just happens to be a werelion. Add in a psycho ex-boyfriend and you have an already completed situation turned into something a whole lot worse. Will Kira (mouse) listen to her instincts/heart to try and get to know Arik better or will she scurry away at the first chance she gets?

This unusual matchup between Kira & Arik made this a fun flirty, while slightly suspenseful, novel to read. Ms. Langlais does it again!"

Read more of this review and THREE TEASERS here: http://frommetoyouvideophoto.blogspot.com/2015/06/feasted-on-lions-pride-series-... ( )
  fromjesstoyou | Mar 21, 2016 |
It is my pleasure to read and review When the Alpha Purrs by Eve Langlais. I received a copy in exchange for an honest review.

I have really never understood what it is about a shifter novel that appeals to me so much. I swear I must have been hooked on the old werewolf movies long before I ever read about shifters. And heavens, Eve Langlais doesn't disappoint with When the Alpha Purrs!

Being a lover of cats, I was naturally attracted to the idea of lion shifters, and I'm glad my natural attraction won out! Ms. Langlais has created this pride with Arik, the incredibly fierce king, who also proves to be gentle, protective, chauvinistic, irritating and so amazingly appealing. And Kira, the mouse with the spunk of a lioness and she challenges Arik in every way at every turn!

I don't know the last time I enjoyed reading so much. I laughed out loud, giggled quietly, and secretly wished I could be Kira. I can't wait to see what the next novel brings!

I highly recommend When the Alpha Purrs by Eve Langlais and give it five, steaming hot cups of Room With Books coffee!

© June 9, 2015
Patricia, Room With Books ( )
  roomwithbooks | Aug 31, 2015 |
When An Alpha Purrs is the newest book release from this author…its the first of a new series, and in this installment we have the Alpha’s story. We do know that there will be atleast three books in this series. I love a great shifter romance, and even though this is a bit shorter than I was expecting…it was still enjoyable. This was such a enjoyable story, one that was short and sweet and very delectable. What I found most intriguing about this story, was seeing how Arik and Kira get along with each other…and boy was their bantering fun and sexy. They definitely have some sizzles and chemistry happening, but in the beginning we see the playfullness of their relationship…and boy Kira is fantastic, she sure knows how to bring a male down a peg or two from his arrogance. And below I wanted to share this most delicious excerpt so you can get a taste of how they react to each other…which is very similar to the rest of the story. But we also have a added elemnt, Kira has a ex wolf lover that is crazy, a stalker and has abused and tormented her in the past. She has been living on the run from him. But when she is put in danger…Arik goes into Alpha lion mode….and let no wolf stand in his way. Even though at times I felt like something was missing from this story (probably due to the short length) I found it quite a entertaining one, and had me bursting out in laughter…these two were a riot together. So this is perfect for a lazy afternoon…that is quick reading, entertaining and lively in humor and plot. ( )
  addictofromance | Jun 6, 2015 |

Eve Langlais is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,760,642 books! | Top bar: Always visible