Side By Side by Rachel Bright

Side By Side

by Rachel Bright

I liked the text "Side by Side" by Rachel Bright for three reasons. First, I enjoyed reading a story based strongly on friendship.I think this is such an important concept, especially for children. Second, I enjoyed the colorful illustrations. The illustrations themselves were simple but beautifully done. The illustrations even matched the text on each page. On one of the pages, the mouseling was feeling lonely so there was a big dark tree where she was standing. Third, in the end, the mouseling finally found a friend that could do the same things she could (ex. see-saw, play catch, sit back to back, and hide in their den". Side by Side is a children's book about a mouseling looking for a friend that can do the same things that she can. Although others in the forest attempt to be her friend, they do not share much in common. In the end, the mouseling finally finds a friend who can relate and do the same activities with her. The message behind the text is the importance of friendship. Making friends is very important and we always need people by our side to make our days better. ( )
  CheyenneSnider | Dec 14, 2016 |
This is such a cute book to share with your students. It shows how friendship can be right in front of you, you're surprised by how you have missed something for so long without even knowing it existed. This story is filled with rhyming and new vocabulary as well. Above all else, it truly depicts the meaning of friendship, and that is something we all need to hold high importance to. ( )
  HaileyNBrown | Nov 28, 2016 |
A book about a mouse that is smaller than the rest of the mice she lives with and goes on a journey to find someone more like her. She finds her friend and they like the same things and she finally feels she belongs. Great illustrations and a way to introduce the touchy subject of being different and find things in common with each other. ( )
  Malynda2 | Mar 12, 2016 |

A little mouse finds a best friend to stay by her side!

Deep in the heart of Wintermouse Wood,
Down in the grass where the autumn trees stood,
Lived all kinds of creatures -- some big and some small --
Some spiky, some furry, some short, and some tall.

Follow one little mouseling and her search for a best friend to stay by her side in this joyful read-aloud bedtime book -- the perfect celebration of friendship.

Rachel Bright's sweet text and Debi Gliori's heartwarming illustrations show the importance of friendship.

(retrieved from Amazon Tue, 07 Jul 2015 16:29:19 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,017,696 books! | Top bar: Always visible