Beyond the Cut (The Sinner's Tribe…

Beyond the Cut (The Sinner's Tribe Motorcycle Club)

by Sarah Castille

Beyond the Cut was the story of Cade and Dawn. Castille did a good job of weaving the MC lifestyle into the romance, but Dawn's constant indecision about Cade and the club became a little annoying. Also, the club's lack of support for Cade and his issues with Mad Dog who was the member of a rival club and also Dawn's ex made the Sinners seem a little wishy washy regarding protection of their own. This book wasn't quite as good as the first book in this series. Hopefully the next book, Sinner's Steel, will be more in line with the first book. ( )
  Mrslabraden | Jun 28, 2017 |
I love this series. This is Cade's story. He's hot for Dawn but does not know her ex-husband, Jimmy, is in a rival MC and looking to up his position in the club. When Jimmy crosses the line, Cade does what he must to keep Dawn and her girls safe.

I like Cade. He does not always do what he should via the MC code but he will keep those he deems his safe. I loved his scene with Dawn's daughters when they ask about his protection then the subsequent scene where he shows them what he'll do. It's a classic that will steal your heart. Not only is he battling rival gangs but also a cop who wants to be more to Dawn. I enjoyed that Jagger questioned his motives. Good charact4ers and good story line.

This is an excellent series and I cannot wait for the next installment. ( )
  Sheila1957 | Aug 25, 2015 |
I received this ARC in return of a honest review, thanks to Netgalley.
Summary
Dawn, is the mother of two twins girls, and when she left her ex husband and divorced him, he was able to get her kids from her and she only gets to see them once a week, and only if she gives up a large amount of funds every week. So she works three jobs trying to pay off her ex’s sister, and trying to find a way through the system to get her kids lawfully back. But one day while spying on her kids at school, she runs into Cade. Cade is a man she had two incredible nights of sex with, and even though it was over a year ago, she still remembers it. But her daughters are her top priority and she vowed she would never get involved with another biker again. But her ex Jimmy, is out for revenge, and Cade is determined to protect Dawn…no matter the cost even if it means giving up his brothers, his club…his family.

The Hero
Cade went from having nothing to everything from the moment he joined the Sinners. The Sinners….his brothers are everything to Cade. Cade is man that loves his women, he refuses to stick with one however, he loves the variety and can’t get enough of them…until Dawn. Dawn makes him want more than just a one night stand. And it still bothers him that she left him not the other way around. Cade is a hero that is sex on wheels…fiery hot and passionate and loves everything sex, dangerous and has a bit of a temper when riled, but is huge on defending women and children. He is a charmer and and a rogue of the highest order…but he also is loyal and dedicated to those he calls family.

The Heroine
Dawn came from the streets and had nothing, until she met Jimmy who brought her to his club and made her his “old lady”, but after seven years of abuse, and the moment she realized her daughters were in danger of his fists and rages, she left him. But that cost her the only two people who she has ever loved…her twin girls. She was framed in the court, and had her girls taken away from her, and now is working herself to death, trying to see them every week and get the case re looked at. She will fight with her dying breath to reclaim her daughters, and to clear her name. She wants to fight and get back what was taken from her. Dawn at first I felt a kinship toward her, the author does a great job in portraying her character and emotions real well, and you see that even though she wants to fight, she doesn’t know how she can beat a man who has more money and connections than she ever will. But we a change in her from the moment Cade enters her life…her fighting spirit blossoms and returns to her tenfold…and she starts to embrace who she really is.

Plot and Story Line
Beyond The Cut I wanted to really love, and after having a great time with the previous book “Rough Justice” I was very excited for this one. It seems like I have been waiting for it forever. However I hate to say it but I just “liked it” and didn’t “Love it” like I wanted to. I have read many of Sarah Castille’s books and so I know that this isn’t her way…but this story felt flat to me. Its more along the lines of Erotica than an actual romance novel. Now I don’t mind the sex scenes, but it felt like it was way more sex than plot or development of a relationship. There is a plot, we have the conflict of Jimmy and boy he is one crazy villain. So having that element of danger and suspense is what had me keep going with this one. The writing and style are very Sarah Castille and it was fairly easy to get into the story. My issue of the book was the over done sex. In my mind it was all lust and no love. Most of the book seemed to be just sex scenes and it got annoying after the first little bit, I wanted to see more emotion from the characters…you see emotion just not what I like or even expect from Castille. Pretty much all they do together is have sex…I just didn’t see how they could go from having sex all the time to loving each other. It wasn’t a transition I could see happening. I will say it was fun seeing the club members again, and I am looking forward to “Sinner’s Steel”.

The Cover
I love it and I don’t. I really like the tats on this…very unique. And i love the blue themed colors, but the guy here has some nice muscles…but looks too “skin and bones” for me…not enough flesh on him. It could be me I suppose…what do you guys think?

Overall View
Beyond The Cut was a story that is about fighting for those you love, redemption and coming to terms with your identity. Fiercely passionate and fiery hot!! Sizzles and Burns.
  addictofromance | May 22, 2015 |
It can't be said that Cade has a silver tongue with the lady's....."You want' to listen to girl c**p and hang out and eat pizza, you do it with me. And forget the veg. How are you gonna keep those curves if you're just eating green sh**?".....But he did have his moments....."....Whenever I see you I want you. I have to have you, like I need air to breathe. And when I can't have you, I think about the next time I'll see you and how beautiful you look when you come."..... Now that statement going to turn any girl's head.

This was an amazing romance. Dawn has had it bikers, she has no plans to be anyone's old lady again after a bad relationship with her ex who she's had to divorce to try to keep him away from her but at the same time get her kids back.
Cade is a biker and can't forget the two amazing nights he spent with Dawn. When he gets the chance to meet her again he takes it, and Dawn learns he has a soft spot for her kids and that he can not only sweet talk the grown up lady's but her little girl's fall under his spell as well.

I liked how the story evolved and how trust had to be learned for Dawn to believe a relationship would work, and Cade's patience was stretched but he kept his cool with her very well for a guy who lived his life through violence and force.

The "brother's" were great secondary characters to the book as usual and I'm looking forward to reading their individual stories in the future, and the two little girls were also fun additions to the plot. I'm loving this series so far and can't wait to read the next book. ( )
  JulieD2 | May 14, 2015 |

As a teen, Dawn ran from a life on the streets straight into the arms of Jimmy "Mad Dog" Sanchez, a biker who promised to be her knight in shining armor. But his love was just another cage. Years later, Dawn's former life still has its hooks in her and she'll do whatever it takes to break free. When Cade "Ryder" O"Connor, a member of a rival club, makes her an offer, Dawn finds herself in a different, hotter kind of trouble with one irresistible Sinner... Cade is an outlaw biker with allegiance to one thing and one thing only: The Sinner's Tribe Motorcycle Club. But when it comes to the stunningly sexy, fiercely independent Dawn Delgado, Cade finds himself...hungrier for more. Trouble is on Dawn's heels and he wants to be the answer to her prayers, whether she wants him to be or not. What can't be denied is the red-hot attraction between them. However, as they fall deeper, the danger rises and Cade may have to sacrifice it all.… (more)

Sarah Castille is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,429,899 books! | Top bar: Always visible