The Initiative: In Harm's Way (Book…

The Initiative: In Harm's Way (Book One)

by Bruce Fottler

Well written, but I found the religious and moral undertones were a bit much.

Started off a bit slow, but sped up towards the middle, and really kept my interest at the end. ( )
  daleala | Mar 2, 2017 |
I previously read Dover Park and enjoyed it. This book seemed to be aimed more at young adults rather than mature adults. It was moralistic and had religious overtones. The thriller part of the book was good and we weren't sure what was going to happen next. The story would have worked just as well if the enemy was a country who was trying to steal state secrets rather than another planet. ( )
  scot2 | Feb 10, 2017 |
The plot is woven like a french braid with insidious info added a bit at a time, resulting in a twisty and thoroughly engaging plot. Some parts are hinted at in the publisher's blurb, but it is the presentaton that counts here. I enjoyed the building of suspense and resolution that makes it clear that there will be another book coming along! ( )
  jetangen4571 | Jul 24, 2016 |
After reading only 10% of this book, I am hooked! After coming to the 'end', I was very peeved since it was so GOOD and seemed to end in the middle of a scene. Which is when I figured out I had only downloaded the SAMPLE and not the book itself.
So far, I know it is about a company, Blanchard, and some interesting inventions they seem to have. But I am giving it a 5-star for capturing my attention so quickly. ( )
  MelanieNicholsKiser | Jul 20, 2016 |
This novel started out slowly, but eventually became more interesting. There were some plot twists I definitely didn't see coming and once things got going there was a fair amount of action. I did feel like certain things felt out of place, but overall I enjoyed reading it. ( )
  madamediotte | Jul 10, 2016 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Bruce Fottler's book The Initiative: In Harm's Way (Book One) was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Bruce Fottler is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,069,104 books! | Top bar: Always visible