Wolfskin by W.R. Gingell

Wolfskin

by W.R. Gingell

First of all for anyone curious about the reading length the reason why it took me so long to read this book is that my job too away any leisure reading that we could do when we are slow and so being at work an additional 3.5 hours each morning is a ruckus to my reading schedule.

Past personal life, though, the book had me caught with the idea that it a take of Little Red Riding Hood who is right now my fairytale heroine of the time. I was curious to see how this was going to turn out and if it would stick with the more well-known story or veer along something like the movie "Red Riding Hood". Instead "Wolfskin" tends to stand in a class of its own.

There are a few slow bits within the book but the antics of Rose will keep you busy trying to figure out what she is up to while I felt that Bastian had been stolen of some more roles within the story itself. And in some parts especially with her bubbly sister and the constant dances the story seemed a bit redundant.

Otherwise I love the strong characters, the imagination that it took to make the book and the beautiful weaving of all the components. And I am glad that this wasn't just another werewolf style book in a reading world that tends to the shifters and witches. Makes me wonder how the other fairytale based books turn out....

**Received this book as part of the Giveaways at Goodreads.com for free in exchange for a review** ( )
  flamingrosedrakon | Aug 25, 2015 |

W.R. Gingell is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,595,737 books! | Top bar: Always visible