The Book of Joan: Tales of Mirth, Mischief,…

The Book of Joan: Tales of Mirth, Mischief, and Manipulation (2015)

by Melissa Rivers

I was never particularly a fan of Joan River's brand of comedy, yet I did enjoy the book written by Melissa Rivers and the crux of their relationship. I always admired how they were able to work together so seamlessly; parts of the book and its tales were laugh-out-loud funny. ( )
  csobolak | Sep 27, 2017 |
I like Joan Rivers. Sometimes she made me cringe with the stuff that she said, but most of the time she was pretty funny. I really enjoyed listening to this book by her daughter Melissa. It was neat to get a glimpse of Joan's private life and her relationship with Melissa and her grandson. There were a few times I laughed out loud, which I'm sure my intern behind me at work wondered what was so funny. If you liked Joan even a little bit, pick up this audiobook and have a good laugh. At least it will put a smile on your face. ( )
  MHanover10 | Jul 11, 2016 |
This book gives a great inside look at Joan and Melissa's relationship. It is peppered with humor. I could not put it down! ( )
1 vote AmberKirbey | Mar 11, 2016 |
Excellent Joan anecdotes, at a difficult moment. Nothing easy about being her daughter! And yet, a seemingly good one. Her delivery of jokes & punchlines is a little off, but good try. {Thanks to Crown & Edelweiss for a pre-publication Nook HD+ download} ( )
  ReneeGKC | Jan 16, 2016 |
Review for audiobook. 4 stars story ♫ 5 stars narration. I really enjoyed this story. I'm so happy that Melissa wrote this book about her mom. It was just great and I really enjoyed it. Very enlightening and empowering. I found a lot of wonderful gems in this book. It was great and I recommend it.
The narration was just perfect. 5 stars. She did a spectacular job and made the book very enjoyable. Loved it! ( )
  CrystalW | Dec 15, 2015 |
"Melissa, Helen Keller once said, 'Life is a great adventure, or it's nothing.'... Of course, she said it to a coffee table... but still, you get the point."
For my Mother, whom I think about every day, and for my Father, who, as of this past September, is no longer resting in peace
I never thought I'd be sitting in a hospital making a decision about turning off a ventilator.

Joan Rivers was known all over the world--from the Palace Theater to Buckingham Palace, from the bright lights of Las Vegas to the footlights of Broadway, from the days of talkies to hosting talk shows. But there was only one person who knew Joan intimately, one person who the authorities would call when she got a little out of hand. Her daughter and best friend, Melissa.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,446,346 books! | Top bar: Always visible