Marry Me, Charlotte B! by Carla de Guzman

Marry Me, Charlotte B!

by Carla de Guzman

113,689,591NoneNone
Recently added byemren
2015 (1) ARC (1) ebook (1) fiction (1) romance (1) short stories (1)

Originally seen on Emily Reads Everything

Things I liked
I loved the premise of this book. There are so many reality shows on TV but this is the first book I've read that tries to capture that feeling. The story is really cute and I thought that the premise was very original. Its unusual to find a way to approach a romance that hasn't been attempted before and I think Carla De Guzman succeeded there!
Nellie is a little typical but I liked the hero a lot. He's a good guy who wants Nellie to be happy. He goes about it in the wrong way, but everything that he does, he does with the best of intentions. I loved that he was putting Nellie's wants and needs before his own.
This book was really short. Its a novella and I read it in about an hour. It was a quick but fun read. I liked that I was able to start it in the morning before work and then I finished it in a park at lunch.

Things I wasn't crazy about
Two things. The first was Nellie. Nellie was a really stereotypical RomCom girl. She doesn't think that she's pretty and no man would be interested in her. She has no confidence in herself or her abilities in her job. Then She gets a makeover and a new dress and everything changes. She's basically the dorky girl who takes off her glasses and is suddenly beautiful

The second thing really bugged me, but to be honest, its a little nit-picky. Because of the premise, the reality tv show, the story is told in a combination of first person and third person present tense. I found the narration clunky and the tone made it hard for me to sink into the story.
Those two things aside, I really did like this story. Don't let a few minor things dissuade you from giving it a try. I would definitely pick this up if you are a fan of Reality Television as well as romances.
  emren | Sep 21, 2015 |

Average: No ratings.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,804,994 books! | Top bar: Always visible