The Red Carpet by J. A. Armstrong

The Red Carpet

by J. A. Armstrong

312,001,085 (3.5)None
Recently added byLexxi, Aussiewoman

Another in the Addy & Em series completed. Another lovely little story. So, why four instead of five stars? Boils down to sex. Too much of the story was turned over to that. I didn't really have a problem with that in and of itself, more the percentage of sex scenes vs story scenes. Which basically means that this might have been another five star effort if it was something like a 155 pages instead of 105 (or however many pages it is actually). With the extra fifty pages filled with story scenes.

Balance is important. On the other hand, the level of potential drama and angst gets cut down when fewer pages are giving over to story scenes. I certainly wouldn't want to ramp up drama or angst or whiny-ness or anything like that. There's a certain amount of tension in this specific story, a certain amount of drama, but the right amount. hmms. I guess they could have had a pool party. Or gotten a cat. I don't know, just some extra bunch of story scenes to balance things out. hehe. ( )
  Lexxi | Jun 5, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,191,887 books! | Top bar: Always visible