Dim All The Lights by J. A. Armstrong

Dim All The Lights

by J. A. Armstrong

312,001,085 (3.5)None
Recently added byLexxi, Aussiewoman

Another good story. Another one where the sex scenes overbalance the book. Though this time there is a layer of . . . . I guess the best word to use would be "disappointment."

A problem with reading these short stories all in, more or less, one go is trying to remember exactly which event happened in which story. I know this one has Addy and Em going on the road to promote their new show (Addy as writer and producer, Em as actress on the show). Ah, one of the "disappointments" I was thinking of actually occurred in the previous story. Ok then, so the disappointments in this story involve miscommunication, overhearing things - incorrectly, etc. etc. Mostly miscommunication.

It's all well and good to be better at communicating through touch, but some thoughts and ideas actually require words to be used. Love it or hate it, but Em seems to communicate better through touches, and showing, and less on words, and while Addy is better with words, she still allows herself to become distracted from problems through touch, sex. So some issues build over time.

I suppose the only other thing I could note in this rambling "notes to self" is that Tam has her own girlfriend in this story, though she keeps constantly pointing out that Chris (it's Christine, right?) isn't her Em, and she knows that she, Tam, is not Chris' Addy. As in they love each other but not love each other. Tam and Addy kind of look at each other at this point when Tam tells Addy this and apparently the message is conveyed. I didn't really get it, but whatever. ( )
  Lexxi | Jun 5, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,807,166 books! | Top bar: Always visible