I'm Trying to Love Spiders by Bethany…

I'm Trying to Love Spiders

by Bethany Barton

A fun book about spiders. The girl in the story does not love spiders, as she sees one in her house, she tells the reader fun facts about spiders. A great book for people who are a little afraid of spiders.
  cwumluna | Jul 20, 2017 |
I'm trying to Love spiders is a cute informative book about spiders. It's about someone trying to learn to love spiders so throughout the book there are fun facts about spiders that make them seem cool. The book compares spiders to ninjas, and superhero's.

I can relate to this book because I am afraid of spiders, and so are my children. I think my children and I can learn to look at spiders a little bit differently after reading this story.

In the classroom I would do a fun lesson about spiders. We would make spiders in are and read about them. We would go on spider hunts outside and see if we see any spiders and take pictures of them. we would also make a board about all the fun facts about spiders.
  Kirsten05 | Apr 23, 2017 |
This book is awesome for what its purpose is. The book is an informational collection of facts about spiders that delivers them in a way that children would be interested in reading. The book utilizes many illustrations to pull more young students in to read the book. The book does not just spit out facts, but instead uses a more humorous way to relay the facts. As someone who doesn't know much about spiders, I found it very interesting and would use it in my future classroom. ( )
  dschae7 | Sep 22, 2016 |
Really, I'm trying to love spiders and through this book you will too! The author, speaking in first person, is trying valiantly to love spiders but really finds them disgusting. Bethany Barton, with whimsical and exuberant voice, makes a case for how cool spiders are, trying to convince herself and thereby the reader. However, after every cool feature, the narrator ends up screaming and splatting the spider (a hand print on the page).qSpider wins over the narrator by getting rid of a large infestation of bugs and creating a heart shaped web.

The art work includes splashes of water color and lined drawings painted in watercolor. The font is actually handwriting. Don't forget to touch the cover with a raised spider web reminiscent of Eric Carle's Very Busy Spider!
  sherylforsman | Jul 27, 2016 |
The Official Spider Test. What do you do when you see a spider? a. Lay on a BIG spidey smoocheroo. b. Smile, but back away slowly. c. Grab the closest object, wind up, and let it fly. d. Run away screaming. I’m Trying to Love Spiders will help you see these amazing arachnids in a whole new light, from their awesomely excessive eight eyes, to the seventy-five pounds of bugs a spider can eat in a single year!
  wichitafriendsschool | Mar 25, 2016 |

The Official Spider Test.

What do you do when you see a spider?

a. Lay on a BIG spidey smoocheroo.

b. Smile, but back away slowly.

c. Grab the closest object, wind up, and let it fly.

d. Run away screaming.

If you chose b, c, or d, then this book is for you! (If you chose a, you might be crazy.)

I’m Trying to Love Spiders will help you see these amazing arachnids in a whole new light, from their awesomely excessive eight eyes, to the seventy-five pounds of bugs a spider can eat in a single year! And you’re sure to feel better knowing you have a better chance of being struck by lightning than being fatally bit by a spider. Comforting, right? No? Either way, there’s heaps more information in here to help you forget your fears . . . or at least laugh a lot!

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 06 Jul 2015 12:35:58 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,012,775 books! | Top bar: Always visible