Falling Like Snowflakes by Denise Hunter

Falling Like Snowflakes

by Denise Hunter

I really enjoyed this sweet romance. While the storyline isn't made up of the most original idea, it was written in a way that had me wanting to turn the pages. Like most contemporary romance, the outcome is easily enough predicted, but it is that sweet ride that I love so much, and the ride was wonderful. I love these characters, and couldn't hope for them to be any more than they are. ( )
  StephLaymon | Aug 12, 2018 |
Denise Hunter’s newest series, set in Summer Harbor, Maine, stars the Callahan brothers, who made appearances in both Hunter’s Married ‘til Monday and Colleen Coble’s The Inn at Ocean’s Edge, and begins with the delightfully and festively romantic Falling Like Snowflakes.

Beau Callahan, the eldest of the brothers, gets his shot at romance in this first novel, as Eden Martelli and her son unexpectedly arrive in town, desperate and in danger. Eden has a lot of secrets and Beau a strong desire to protect. As they get to know one another, their stubborn wills clash on more than one occasion, circumstances bring out issues of faith and trust and letting go, and romance develops unwantedly but sweetly.

From start to finish, I wholeheartedly enjoyed the reading process of getting to know Eden, Beau and the characters surrounding them, as well as discovering how the romance would play out. A great start to the series, Falling Like Snowflakes will certainly please fans of contemporary romance - and leave them eager for more of Summer Harbor and the Callahan brothers. I know I, for one, cannot wait to read the next book, The Goodbye Bride.

Thanks to BookLook Bloggers, I received a copy of Falling Like Snowflakes and the opportunity to honestly review it. I was not required to write a positive review, and all the opinions I have expressed are my own. (I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”) ( )
  hes7 | Jul 11, 2018 |
A feel good romance that takes place in the Winter in Maine. Since it is very hot and muggy where I am right now, a trip to Maine in the Winter felt good to me. I always enjoy the way this author writes. The characters seem real to life, the romance is sweet and there is usually a strong family bond in each of her series. This series is about the Callahan brothers (and I will enjoy reading all 3 books about each of these men!).

Eden Martelli is fleeing with her young son Jack, from those who are out to kill them and keep them from testifying in a trial that needs their testimony to put someone away in prison. She lands in rural Maine with a car that breaks down, followed by someone stealing her purse with all her money in it. She will find a job helping the Callahan's by taking care of their aunt while she recovers from surgery. Beau Callahan gives her the job, while he works on their Christmas tree farm, getting ready for the Christmas rush. Beau realizes that Eden is hiding from someone or something, but getting her to open up is not easy as Eden trusts no one. Watching these two work it out between them is endearing and sweet. Eden really lacks in the trust department, with good reason. But Beau is a patient and gentle soul and although it isn't easy, he has to let Eden make her own decisions. I loved the whole family dynamic in this story and can't wait to read the next two books in this series. It may be a little cold in Summer Harbor, but the story will warm up your heart. ( )
  judyg54 | May 28, 2018 |
“Her own fear held her captive.”

This is my second Denise Hunter read, and she is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors. Her romances are so good, and so far there has been a little mystery thrown in to keep you interested. I loved how this one took a turn I was not expecting, and I cannot wait to read book two in the series.

This is marked as Christian Fiction, but do not put off by that. She does use some Religion in her stories, but they are not overpowering or overdone in my opinion. I really want more people to give her work a chance. I am loving everything so far. ( )
  SimplyKelina | Jan 11, 2018 |
Well, I really don't read romance novels and didn't know this was one when I requested it from the library. I sat down to check it out before I returned it to the library unread and guess what? I read the whole thing! I think if you like romance novels, this would probably be a 4 or 4.5 star read. It really held my interest and the romance part wasn't too much for my temperament and didn't happen until almost the end! ( )
  Dianekeenoy | Mar 2, 2016 |
It was amazing, the depth of courage a mother could find when the life of her child was on the line.

Eden Martelli is too busy fleeing the clutches of danger to realize she’s running straight into the arms of new love.

Speeding north through rural Maine, Eden Martelli wonders how it ever came to this—on the run, with her mute five-year-old son dozing fitfully in the passenger seat. But when a breakdown leaves them stranded in Summer Harbor, Eden has no choice but to stay put through Christmas . . . even though they have no place to lay their heads.

Beau Callahan is a habitual problem-solver—for other people anyway. He left the sheriff’s department to take over the family Christmas tree farm, but he’s still haunted by the loss of his parents and struggling to handle his first Christmas season alone.

When Eden shows up looking for work just as Beau’s feisty aunt gets out of the hospital, Beau thinks he’s finally caught a break. Eden is competent and dedicated—if a little guarded—and a knockout to boot. But, as he soon finds out, she also comes with a boatload of secrets.

Eden’s been through too much to trust her heart to another man, but Beau is impossible to resist, and the feeling seems to be mutual. As Christmas Eve approaches Eden’s past catches up to her.

Beau will go to the ends of the earth to keep her safe. But who’s going to protect his heart from a woman who can’t seem to trust again?

(retrieved from Amazon Tue, 14 Jul 2015 19:17:18 -0400)

"When the Christmas season finds Eden in Summer Harbor, Maine, she's on the run from trouble. Romance is the last thing on her mind. Riding in a bus in the thickly falling snow, Eden Davis wonders how it ever came to this -- fleeing under cover of night with young Micah sleeping fitfully in the seat beside her. When a winter storm strands them in Summer Harbor, Maine, Eden wonders if what might have been the end could be a new beginning. Beau Callahan is a habitual problem-solver. He's recently left his job with the sheriff's department to take over the family Christmas tree farm to save it from insolvency. But he's flummoxed. During the busiest season of the year, he's shorthanded. Then Eden shows up looking for work, and Beau believes he's been rescued. Competent, smart, and beautiful, Eden's also guarded and quiet. He soon figures out she comes with a boatload of secrets. But Beau can't seem to help himself from falling for her. As Christmas Eve approaches, Beau discovers he'll do anything to keep Eden safe. But who's going to protect his heart from a woman who can't seem to trust again?"--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 130,197,226 books! | Top bar: Always visible