Maternal Threads by Frances Susanne Brown

Maternal Threads

by Frances Susanne Brown

511,436,638 (4.5)None

Maternal Threads by Frances Susanne Brown

As they finish reading "Maternal Threads," I predict many readers will follow my example and pull out old family albums. To see ourselves as we were when young and to think about family members now gone is more than an exercise in nostalgia. It is a pause in the "now" of our lives....we see the "then" and wonder about our future.

Frances Susanne Brown's 231 page memoir is bisected by nine pages of photographs. Her eighteen chapters of text include a mix of fact and speculation. They trace her life from awkward child wearing ill-fitting clothes, to happy owner of a splendid horse, to designer of wedding gowns, to mother of twin boys and a complicated daughter.
The details confirm it's been a life worth examining and we thank her for sharing it with us. ( )
  Esta1923 | Jun 8, 2015 |

LibraryThing Member Giveaway

Frances Susanne Brown's book Maternal Threads was available from LibraryThing Member Giveaway.

Frances Susanne Brown is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,850,215 books! | Top bar: Always visible