The Winkler Case by David Greene

The Winkler Case

by David Greene

721,138,814 (4)None

I have to admit I thought this was going to be a dry read, but it did pick up after a bit. The author does take quite a long time to set up the scene; every scene! The story is a good mystery though with a nice surprise ending. I wish he would have continued on though and finish the set-up for the ending. It seemed to stop too abruptly without finishing off the details. The author does use some nice atmosphere from the time frame the story is set at. All. All, it was a very good story. ( )
  LoboAl | Jul 4, 2015 |
I received this book from the author in exchange for an honest review (via the Members’ Giveaway on Library Thing.)
A great re-imagining of an old classic, the Winkler Case is a fast paced, intriguing murder mystery. I love the fact that the author chose to do a gay retelling as it adds a depth and realism that I appreciate. Though the ending was a tad abrupt, it remains a solid read. Recommended. ( )
  clear_tranquil | Jun 11, 2015 |

David Greene is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,141,820 books! | Top bar: Always visible