The Rosemary Spell by Virginia Zimmerman

The Rosemary Spell

by Virginia Zimmerman

I was quite pleased when I won a giveaway for Virginia Zimmerman's The Rosemary Spell. The copy I received is an ARC and geared toward a middle grade audience.

This book was great. It touched upon several topics such as loss, friendship, growing up and never giving up. There is suspense, mystery, witchcraft, and a bond of friendship that this story captured in a most brilliant way. It was quite refreshing of the way Shakespeare's literature was used in this book. I actually did not see this coming and was quite pleased of its usage.

This story captured me and left me not wanting to put down the book and try to figure out the mystery behind it. At the end of the book since the characters story is geared toward literature, I saw it very fitting that there is a list of books the main character Rosemary has on her bookshelf. What a wonderful touch and it got me interested in picking up a few books I haven't read on Rosemary's list. ( )
  PursuethePage | Dec 13, 2015 |

Part mystery, part literary puzzle, part life-and-death quest, and chillingly magical, this novel has plenty of suspense for adventure fans and is a treat for readers who love books, words, and clues. Best friends Rosie and Adam find an old book with blank pages that fill with handwriting before their eyes. Something about this magical book has the power to make people vanish, even from memory. The power lies in a poem—a spell. When Adam's older sister, Shelby, disappears, they struggle to retain their memories of her as they race against time to bring her back from the void, risking their own lives in the process.

(retrieved from Amazon Thu, 06 Aug 2015 13:41:14 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,095,258 books! | Top bar: Always visible