The Moor: A Journey into the English Wilderness

by William Atkins

Presents the personal journey across our nation's most forbidding and most mysterious terrain. This book takes the reader from south to north, in search of the heart of this elusive landscape.

A good idea well executed. Joining the fashion for psychogeographic literary landscape writing the author settles on moorland and writes them up pretty well. Not a comprehensive, scientific review but a personal, selective experience emphasising human interaction with its surroundings. The impact of landscape on mood and inspiration necessarily moves towards the gloomy, doomladen end of things. Dark, wet, windblown moors are places of isolation and introspection. ( )
  Steve38 | Dec 16, 2017 |
Much that was fascinating in this, to a lover of moors anyway. But some parts of it failed to hold my attention, being quite disjointed and not really capturing the feel of the landscape or people. A pity because I really wanted to love it the way I love moors. 3 October 2017. ( )
  alanca | Oct 9, 2017 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 154,507,269 books! | Top bar: Always visible