ShutterGirl (The Hollywood Project, #1) by…

ShutterGirl (The Hollywood Project, #1)

by CD Reiss

What a lovely contemporary romance! It might be the first time CD Reiss branched out purely into this category, but even her contemporaries feel edgy. They have sharp teeth and dark secrets. As you can guess, I loved it! *grinning*

Laine Cartwright aka Shuttergirl is one of the best paparazzi in Hollywood, she is ruthless, has a great intuition for getting into a right place at the right time, and her word is gold. Michael Greydon is a Hollywood sweetheart. He's got a fantastic reputation, good manners, a gorgeous face and plenty of talent. But once upon a time Laine and Michael were friends, and she had a crush on him. Now she stalks him and makes money on his pictures.

What would happen if these two get romantically involved when their respectful worlds are set against each other? Michael would question his desire to please everyone instead of doing what he wants and Laine will put her career on the line, because who would trust a paparazza who crossed the line into the enemy camp?

It's tender, bittersweet, hot and somehow very real. As usual Miss Reiss describes the atmosphere of L.A. so vividly, the reader has no problem imagining himself right in the thick of it. Laine is complex and self-assured, and doesn't shy away from the truth, even if it's really painful. Michael is full of suppressed feelings and ready to explode. The dynamics between these two is fascinating!

I loved the ending especially: it's somehow made this book even more solid with its happy-for-now, full of possibilities attitude An easy, quick and entirely satisfying summer read, recommended! ( )
  kara-karina | Nov 20, 2015 |

A NEW STANDALONE FROM CD REISS ONE movie star on the cusp of greatness ONE broken girl who touched him TEN years to forget her A MILLION stories in Hollywood ----------- I am not hurt. I don’t need a second chance with him, or a life I thought I had. While he was out forgetting me to become a movie star, I was building a career out of nothing. A career as a paparazzi, but a career. For a foster kid who bounced around every home in Los Angeles, that wasn’t easy. This camera is all I have. He’s nothing to me. Every time I take his picture and sell it, I remind myself that I did it all without him or his approval, his cinnamon smell or his clear green eyes. He lights up the screen like a celestial body, but he’s nothing but a paycheck to me. He can throw my camera off a balcony, and nothing has to change. We can stay king and queen of the same city, and different worlds. Except this is Hollywood, and here, anything can happen.

I am not hurt. I don't need a second chance with him, or a life I thought I had. While he was out forgetting me to become a movie star, I was building a career out of nothing. A career as a paparazzi, but a career. For a foster kid who bounced around every home in Los Angeles, that wasn't easy. This camera is all I have. He's nothing to me. Every time I take his picture and sell it, I remind myself that I did it all without him or his approval, his cinnamon smell or his lithe body. He can light up the screen like a celestial body, but he's nothing to me. He can throw my camera off a balcony, and nothing has to change. We can stay king and queen of the same city, and different worlds. Except this is Hollywood, and here, anything can happen.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,366,328 books! | Top bar: Always visible