The Circle by Mario Escobar

The Circle

by Mario Escobar

312,001,085 (5)None
Recently added byperusal, skstiles612, ElizaJane

I received a copy to facilitate my review. The opinions expressed here are my own.

This book grabs you and won’t let you go. I loved everything about this book except the ending. The only reason I didn’t love the ending is it didn’t end the way “I” wanted it to. It did end the way it was supposed to. Solomon and Margaret are a simple couple with two children. Solomon is the head of a psychiatric clinic. He has one patient that intrigues him. She has been there for years and yet no one has been able to help her. When he starts trying to get through to her things go extremely bad.

All the way through this book I flip-flopped between who I thought the good guys and the bad guys were. My reason was simple. They all had qualities that made them appear to be good and then the next minute they did something that made me think they were the bad guys. I was completely stumped until the very end. I felt terror for the family involved. As I got toward the end of the book I was so emotionally involved I thought I was going to puke. Yes the book is definitely that emotionally well written. I felt like I was a family member going through this terror with them.

The characters were well written. Margaret especially impressed me. She showed what a mother would do to protect her children. Solomon, being a psychiatrist knew all of the sign exhibited by those terrorizing his family, yet he was unable to put all of the pieces together until the very end.

So who won out? You really must read this book to find out. ( )
  skstiles612 | Jun 27, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,495,227 books! | Top bar: Always visible