Finding Forever: A Deadline Diaries…

Finding Forever: A Deadline Diaries Exclusive

by Ken Baker

711,138,814 (2.5)None

No tags.

I have read a couple of books by Mr. Baker. I liked them and thus the reason why I wanted to read his latest book. I would say it is just alright. There is nothing too special about it including the storyline or the characters. Although I did not hate the characters in the book. They just did not really bring anything to the story to amp the story to the next level. In fact, I was thinking and expecting that Brooklyn would be like a modern day Nancy Drew. Brooklyn did not really show me the gumption as a journalist or at least a investigative journalist. Yet, Taylor was nice. This is a plus and appreciated. She was not a stuck up celebrity. While this book was not one of my favorites from Mr. Baker, I still like him as an author. ( )
  Cherylk | Sep 6, 2015 |

In this YA series, Brooklyn Brant is a celebrity news blogger dying to have her big break. Her blog, Deadline Diaries, features the clickbait hook-ups, break-ups, and screw-ups of the Hollywood glitterati, but she has yet to nab the one juicy scoop that will establish her as the ultimate insider.

Actress Taylor Prince is America's sweetheart—beautiful, talented, successful, and sober. With a Golden Globe win, Oscar nom, clothing and fragrance line, and too many magazine covers to count, Taylor is ready to celebrate her sixteenth birthday with a big poolside bash. However, she is not prepared for a police raid and blacking out in the arms of a dangerously handsome stranger.

Brooklyn is called by Taylor's assistant to locate the missing starlet under the radar and on a very tight deadline. And she will need both her sleuthing and journalistic skills to solve the mystery and get the story of a lifetime.

In this suspenseful, dual narrative thriller alternating between the perspectives of Brooklyn and Taylor, author Ken Baker uses his in-depth experience with celebrity journalism and behind-the-scenes truths to explore the ugly underbelly of Hollywood's obsession with finding the ever elusive fountain of youth.

[Excerpt:]
"Sources are to a news-breaking blogger what water is to a plant: Everything but the sun."

(retrieved from Amazon Sun, 19 Jul 2015 10:54:53 -0400)

Breaking Hollywood exclusives on her blog, Brooklyn Brant finds the scoop of a lifetime when she investigates the kidnapping of Taylor Prince, America's celebrity sweetheart.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,803,844 books! | Top bar: Always visible