See How They Run by Ally Carter

See How They Run

by Ally Carter

1197101,247 (3.77)1

Rating: 5

I absolutely loved this book. The pace was so fast I whipped through it. Nothing was predictable, but once information was revealed, it was completely believable. Ally Carter has a gift when it comes to providing foundation without letting you know anything until the perfect moment. The big reveal at the end was incredible. I did not see it coming.

The mood of this book was suspenseful and somewhat spooky/dark. The history of Adria is quite creepy. Ugh, the set up for this book was incredible. I thought there would be a love triangle, but it was swiftly taken off the table and replaced by a much thicker plot.

In the first book, Grace was an unreliable narrator, but in this one I believed what she did just as strongly, even more so at one point because she let doubt influence her thinking--not that she didn't have evidence to back her up.

I liked Alexei and Noah in the first book, but now I'm all for Alexei. When are we going to get the romance, Ally Carter? You're holding out on me! Meh, it just makes me long for the next book all the more. I need it to be out now. The characters are addictive.

Speaking of characters, I loved the introduction of Jamie. He's definitely a brother figure, and I'm glad he finally came into the forefront. With the epic ending, I have very high hopes for the next books. I want Alexei and Grace together, and I want her to explore her "destiny". I doubt she will want to shove anyone to the side, but I have this theory that the nicest characters might be the cruelest. So much conspiracy! I'm anxious to see if I get what I want and if my predictions are right. ( )
1 vote ZetherBooks | Jun 15, 2016 |
Second book in the series . Grace has discovered some ancient truths about herself, her mother and a secret society. This causes her to distrust people and no longer take them on face value and I found I as I read this book that I started to suspect certain characters who had been her allies in the first book! The only person who actually NOW seems to be her friend is the Scarred Man, who is like a guardian angel watching her back and rescuing her when times get tough. Even her friends seem to have ulterior motives - The Russian Ambassador's son may have killed her brother's best mate for the interest he showed in Grace at a party. (He is found washed up dead the next morning and Alexi was seen on cc tv stalking him. ( )
  nicsreads | May 26, 2016 |
See How They Run is the second book in Ally Carter’s Embassy Row series. This book shows how 16 year old Grace deals with her life on Embassy Row in Adria. This book did not appeal to me as much as the first book did. A majority of the time while reading this book, Grace’s thoughts were very repetitive and made it hard to truly enjoy reading this action packed book. The character development thickened and got you a more viewed look to the characters. I loved how the descriptions made you feel like you were in Adria. In the end though, I truly liked this book. ( )
  JennNM | May 17, 2016 |
See How They Run is the second book in the Embassy Row series. I wasn't too impressed with the first one, so I'm not sure why I picked this one up. The lure of a free galley, I suppose, and then the need for a fast-paced, light read. It was a mistake, though: the main character's histrionics wore on my nerves. So, learn a lesson from my experience, and pass this one up if the first book didn't do anything for you. On the other hand, fans of the first book will probably enjoy this one, too. ( )
  foggidawn | Mar 10, 2016 |
This is the second of a series in which Grace, the daughter of a diplomat on Embassy Row, makes great strides in learning who she really is and what happened to her mother. In this second installment, a young West Point officer is killed, A Russian diplomat’s son is accused of the crime, a diplomatic crisis erupts in Acadia, and attempts are made on the lives of Grace and her brother. While some of the questions are answered, it is obvious that a third installment is on the way, as Grace and her injured brother are airlifted from the embassy to places unknown. This is a fascinating series filled with politics, glamour, suspense and lots of action. ( )
  Susan.Macura | Feb 14, 2016 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 054565484X, Hardcover)

The twists get twistier and the turns get even more shocking in the second thrilling installment of Embassy Row.

(retrieved from Amazon Sat, 04 Jul 2015 12:44:32 -0400)

Grace Blakely believed that finding the truth about her mother's murder would finally give her peace, but now she knows that it is only the beginning of the secrets that will dominate her life--and make her a target on Embassy Row in Adria.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,411,473 books! | Top bar: Always visible