Raging Sea: Undertow Trilogy Book 2 by…

Raging Sea: Undertow Trilogy Book 2

by Michael Buckley

When this story begins Lyric, her best friend Bex, and Alpha Arcade are on the run from the East Coast trying to find Lyric's kidnapped parents, the missing Alphas, and the half-breed children who are like her. Their quest takes them to Texas where they are all imprisoned.

Lyric, Bex and Arcade are also captured. They fall into the hands of White Tower Securities Incorporated which is torturing the adults to find out what Alphas can do and training the children to be weapons against the invading Rusalka. There is a war between those invaders from the sea and the United States isn't winning.

Donovan Spangler is in charge of the facility and he is one of the most chilling villains I've read about in a long time. He completely believes that the end justifies the means and he is willing to sacrifice anyone to reach his goals. The most chilling part is that he is concerned with profit rather than the good of the country.

Spangler tortures Lyric and holds those she loves hostage for her good behavior. He coerces her into training the children to be an army. All the while, Lyric is trying to find an angle that would let her free her loved ones and the other captives.

This story is filled with action. Lyric and the other half-breed kids have all sorts of cool powers. Some of the invaders from the sea are very creepy. There are lots of fights with the invaders. It is also filled with Lyric's struggles with her Alpha boyfriend Fathom. The two have cultural differences that may make a relationship between them impossible.

This is the second book in a trilogy, so the cliffhanger ending is almost a requirement. I can't wait to read book three to find out how the story all works out. ( )
  kmartin802 | May 3, 2017 |
Second book failure-2.5 stars
The first 1/3 of the book was slow. The people she met,her memories, her petty little fights just seemed stupid. The MC was so immature, yes i know she is young but this was over the top.
The author has the bad guys do some really heinous deeds, detailed and he has the sex scene fade to black. Yes, it actually says "fade the black" I was sick of her special unbreakable snowflake attitude that she could take them all on and win. She was like a stupid caveman with god powers. Irked me IRK IRK IRK
Then she wakes up after her fade to black night, he's gone. She's worried about telling the other girl about his choice, picking her ?!?!? Oh yes, there is another girl, a fiancee. Excuse me but their wasn't any such talk, or anything about this just a fade out.
The last 1/4 of the book was action packed, and horrifying. Children being used as weapons, dying children. There was this weird death scene where goodish guy kills bad guy, it's so instant so lame and then super bitch takes over ? WTH was that?

I was disappointed. I will continue because I want to see what happens with Fantom, who acted like a doormat in this book- sigh- I just didn't like this book. I will not be in a rush to read #3 but I will read it. It seemed like the author was confused about who they were writing for. ( )
  TheYodamom | Apr 16, 2016 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,923,139 books! | Top bar: Always visible