Saga, Vol. 5 by Brian K. Vaughan

Saga, Vol. 5

by Brian K. Vaughan, Fiona Staples (Illustrator)

Review This graphic novel series is literally out of this world. I’ve never been a Star Trek or space opera fan (they more correctly call it a space opus) until Saga. I was totally hooked from the first volume and now I’ve just finished volume 5 and can’t wait for more. Lucky for me there are several more to go and the series is still ongoing. How do two humanoid creatures, one from a planet where everyone has wings, the other from a moon where everyone has horns of some kind, manage to survive with their cross-breed child in a galaxy at war, with their two factions being bitter enemies and their love child considered an aberration?

Wonderful artwork depicting a fabulous range of unexpected creatures and great dialogue keep you riveted to the action all along. Now, whenever I read a pure fiction Fantasy or Sci-Fi book, I find myself imagining what the graphic novel version might look like. I call it the Saga Influence. Whatever positive reviews you’ve read about this series, including the ones used by the publishers for promotional purposes are not exaggerating—this is really as good as they say, if you’re not the squeamish type. Suitable for adult readers only. ( )
  Smiler69 | Jan 29, 2019 |
YES. I would give this six stars if I could! ( )
  EliseLaForge | Nov 20, 2018 |
I continue to enjoy the art and the story is developing nicely. Heading to Hoopla now to get the next two volumes. But what am I going to do after that!? ( )
  redwritinghood38 | Nov 6, 2018 |
While the series is still very strong, this volume lacks focus. It is packed with side characters and side advantures, there are too many double crossings, too much killing and little bonding. When you keep killing off characters just as you got used to them, it stops being a shocking surprise and becomes annoying.

Still very good, just a bit of a step back from Volume 4, which was absolutely brilliant. ( )
  Gezemice | Oct 29, 2018 |
Well, I am hooked on this series. So hooked. ( )
  jeninmotion | Sep 24, 2018 |

Brian K. Vaughanprimary authorall editionscalculated
Staples, FionaIllustratormain authorall editionsconfirmed
And finally ... twenty-five.
Collected issues 25-30 of the Saga comics.

"While Gwendolyn and Lying Cat risk everything to find a cure for The Will, Marko makes an uneasy alliance with Prince Robot IV to find their missing children, who are trapped on a strange world with terrifying new enemies"--Page 4 of cover.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 132,596,310 books! | Top bar: Always visible