Double Edge (Fault Lines): A Fault Lines…

Double Edge (Fault Lines): A Fault Lines Story

by Thomas Locke

131723,089 (4)None

"Your turning comes very soon. Right or left. You must choose between the safety of your current life and the risk of a complete unknown."

Charlie, a community center guard, has little idea what he may be in for when he answers the request of a beautiful experimental psychologist, Gabriella. The request is simple--"Will you come with me?"--but it will lead to a test with untold implications on human consciousness itself in Double Edge, the prequel to the Fault Lines series by author Thomas Locke.

And, just like that, I've taken my first step into the realm of techno-thrillers.

I've known for a long enough time that I would eventually read some fiction by Locke, which is a pseudonym for one of my all-time favorite ChristFic authors, Davis Bunn. And while I was aware that some of Locke's titles are fantasy novels, I wasn't sure what genre the Fault Lines books would fall under. I had to look it up after finishing this prequel.

A techno-thriller. Got it.

There's action and intrigue in this read, to be sure. Danger and a mysterious experimental journey. I don't understand it all, I might be a little more familiar with some of it than I'd care to elaborate on, and overall, I don't trust it.

But if I did trust it, it would probably indicate that the material here is too easy. Too easy and predictable, for me. Hence, because I don't trust it, I plan on continuing the series. ( )
  NadineC.Keels | Jan 7, 2017 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,643,094 books! | Top bar: Always visible