The Mistletoe Kiss (Boardinghouse…

The Mistletoe Kiss (Boardinghouse Betrothals)

by Janet Lee Barton

511,436,638 (3.5)None

The changing times of NYC and really the world, as businesses and manufacturing industries are booming, while many come to start a new life or a new career. Skyscrapers are just going up in the late 1890s, and women striving to be equally treated are more common in big cities like New York. Ms. Barton clearly gave us a run for our money with The Mistletoe Kiss, as she so diligently wrote with historical details and accuracy, and gave us a sweet romance in the process.

I know, Christmas season is technically over, but the spirit of Christmas lasts forever, if you let it. And many times, I love to pick up a Christmas story other times of the year and just enjoy what it reminds me of - family, love, cozy blankets, hot chocolate and of course our Lord Jesus. His birth is worth celebrating, and Ms. Barton celebrated with The Mistletoe Kiss. I loved the premise, having a strong heroine, and an equally stubborn male protagonist. How will they work out? Who will budge? Will one kiss under the pretense of the mistletoe seal their fate? What do you think? Read, and find out. For any historical fans (especially of NYC), you'll enjoy this one.

This Review was first posted on Just Commonly Blog.

NOTE: I won a copy of this book in a giveaway, and a review was NOT required. ( )
  justcommonly | Feb 25, 2016 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0373283377, Mass Market Paperback)

An Unexpected Match

Millicent Faircloud feels her dreams are coming true when she's assigned to photograph the construction of New York's tallest building—until she realizes it means working with fellow boarder Matt Sterling. He's handsome and kind, but the stubborn man doesn't understand her ambition.

(retrieved from Amazon Wed, 29 Jul 2015 23:21:03 -0400)

Millicent Faircloud feels her dreams are coming true when she's assigned to photograph the construction of New York's tallest building--until she realizes it means working with fellow boarder Matt Sterling. He's handsome and kind, but the stubborn man doesn't understand her ambition. Matt can't help but admire Millicent's spirit. But he's been hurt by a woman who cared only for her career, and he won't make that mistake again. Is Millicent more of the same, or would she put family first? If Matt can open his mind to new ideas, he may find love to be the best Christmas present of all.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,158,207 books! | Top bar: Always visible