I Really Like Slop! by Mo Willems

I Really Like Slop!

by Mo Willems

206956,890 (4.32)4

I thought this book would be fabulous for early readers to discuss a variety of ideas: open-mindedness, tolerance, being a risk taker and trying new things.
  bault | Jun 30, 2017 |
I really like elephant and piggie. ( )
  MeditationesMartini | Feb 7, 2017 |
Piggie loves slop, but slop isn't Elephant's type of food. Piggie wants to share his joy in slop with Elephant and Elephant is scared because he thinks it looks bad and smells bad... and eventually he finds out he thinks it tastes bad too. Their friendship overcomes and teaches about acceptance and trying things different than we are used to. ( )
  Mimarler | Jan 21, 2017 |
Piggie wants Elephant to try his slop.....which is the last thing that Elephant wants to do. Will he try it for his friend?
  Gabrielle_Stoller | Sep 12, 2016 |
I’ve read many Mo Willems books, but this one was new to me, and I liked it just as much as all of his other books. Like all of the Elephant and Piggie books I’ve read, this book encourages kiddos to think deeply on a social skills topic - specifically, being tactful when you find something unappealing about another person’s culture (in this case, food). It had a vague similarity to Green Eggs and Ham, but focused less on just disliking a given food, and more on the importance of honoring cultural differences. It even brought up the very nuanced word “culture.” Like other E and P books, it had a happy ending of the two animals learning from each other and becoming even better friends.
  TammyBB | Jun 26, 2016 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,927,471 books! | Top bar: Always visible