Patriot: An Alex Hawke Novel (Alex Hawke…

Patriot: An Alex Hawke Novel (Alex Hawke Novels)

by Ted Bell

A good frolic as always.
  cygnet81 | Jan 17, 2016 |
Patriot by Ted Bell is the ninth book in his Alexander Hawke series and the first I have read, however I plan to go back and begin from book one. Bell is an excellent writer of espionage and I am thrilled to have finally discovered his books, better late than never. For those, like myself, who are new to the series, Lord Alexander Hawke is an MI6 Intelligence officer who, at least in this book, deals with counterterrorism. Spies are being assassinated around the world and Hawke is called in to uncover not only the link between the assassinations, but who or what is behind them. Even though this is Bell’s ninth book about Alex Hawke, he does offer up some back-story for those of us new to his books without adding information that would bore long time followers of the series. Patriot is a lengthy book, which I enjoy, and I will freely admit I did read the book in one sitting. I thoroughly enjoy well-written espionage thrillers, especially when they include factual and realistic events, as Bell does with Patriot. It did not take me long to feel as though I was traveling the globe with Hawke and I personally look forward to starting the series from the beginning. I highly recommend Patriot to those long time readers of Ted Bell’s and those new to the series and to anyone who enjoys an exceedingly well written, espionage thriller. ( )
  knittingmomof3 | Aug 26, 2015 |
I was fortunate to receive an early reviewer of Ted Bell's new Alex Hawke novel. I've been reading about Alex Hawke and his band of "merry men" faithfully since the first book came out and I always look forward to the next one. This new book in the series is supposed to be released in August this year and I urge you to read it if you are a fan of the series. Even if you haven't experienced the wild ride of an Alex Hawke novel this book could be a good place to start. In this book the intrepid Hawke goes toe-to-toe with Russian President Vladimir Putin. Where most people are cowed by this infamous man, Alex is not. The life of his nearest and dearest depend upon Alex dealing with the threat of this formidable foe. The book is chock full of action and fun. Lots of double entendres and sharp wit and lots of bigger than life action. If you begin an Alex Hawke novel you will find that you're busily turning page after page to get to the next action scene. Hawke is a top-ranking MI6 officer who also happens to be the 7th richest Lord in England. He's got the money to afford all the most expensive and new war toys and he's got the battle knowledge and the people leading skills to use them to the best effect. It's a wild ride with Alex, Stoke, Harry Brock, Congreve and even his butler Pelham this time. I love the characters in these books and I love the non-stop action. If you enjoy high impact thrillers, you have to try Alex Hawke. ( )
  Romonko | Jun 18, 2015 |

Intelligence officer Alex Hawke takes on power-hungry Russian President Vladimir Putin, who is wielding a terrifying new weapon, in the latest adrenaline-fueled thriller in Ted Bell’s New York Times bestselling series.

In corrupt Russia, an erratic Vladimir Putin is determined to forge his country into a formidable superpower once again. He intends to redraw the map of Europe, and will go to impossible extremes to realize his fantasies—including shooting down a civilian airliner packed with tourists bound for China. Kremlin scientists have developed a radical new weapon that could forever alter modern warfare. NATO, locked in a tense standoff over Ukraine, Poland, and Estonia, knows Putin will not hesitate to use it. But there is one man who can bring the world back from the brink: Britain’s foremost intelligence asset, Lord Alexander Hawke.

The intrepid MI6 officer’s latest challenge begins in the Gulf of Aden and soon has him searching for the link to a series of bizarre assassinations. Spies are dying all over the world—from London, Washington, D.C., and Maine, to Moscow, and even the glittering Cote d’Azur. In the murky world of counterterrorism and high-stakes intrigue, the odds have never been higher. Once again, Alex Hawke must save the world . . . one bullet at a time.

(retrieved from Amazon Sun, 19 Jul 2015 12:44:25 -0400)

In corrupt Russia, an erratic Vladimir Putin is determined to forge his country into a formidable superpower once again. He intends to redraw the map of Europe, and will go to impossible extremes to realize his fantasies -- including shooting down a civilian airliner packed with tourists bound for China. Kremlin scientists have developed a radical new weapon that could forever alter modern warfare. NATO, locked in a tense standoff over Ukraine, Poland, and Estonia, knows Putin will not hesitate to use it. But there is one man who can bring the world back from the brink: Britain's foremost intelligence asset, Lord Alexander Hawke.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,563,893 books! | Top bar: Always visible