Touched by a Vampire (Eternally Yours)…

Touched by a Vampire (Eternally Yours) (Volume 1)

by Sophie Slade

222,551,640 (4)None
Recently added byalyssadrake, ElleLainey

No tags.

This was my first experience reading a vampire romance, with the exception of the Twilight series. There were several undertones during this story which continued to remind me of Twilight and unfortunately I spent a lot of time imaging Edward instead of Lance during this book. That being said. The last quarter of the book flew by due to some unexpected plot twists, which made me glad I slogged through the beginning of the book. Overall, this book has not sold me on the vampire romance genre, nor do I find the idea of sharing blood to be a turn on. However, if this is your genre, give Sophie a try. ( )
  alyssadrake | Oct 24, 2016 |
Book – Touched by a Vampire (Eternally Yours #1)
Author – Sophie Slade
Star rating - ★★★★★
Plot – nicely paced and different
Characters – your typical Alpha male and his love

Movie Potential - ★★★★★ (If they can do FSOG, they can do this!)
Ease of reading -
Cover - ✔
Suitable Title - ✔
Would I read it again - ✔

I haven't read an M/F book in a while, because I've been engrossed with the M/M genre, but I really enjoyed this one. It's re-awoken my passion for vampire stories.

Characters

This was is a little different. Lance Steel is your typical rich, seductive Alpha male vampire → nothing to be ashamed of there ;) They're a particular weakness of mine. Lance is no different. He's strong, flirty, casual and happy to spoil the woman he loves.

Leila is a strong, independent woman – until she meets Lance. Married and stuck in a rut, meeting him makes her realise how stagnated her life has become. Not only has the love fallen out of her marriage, somewhere along the way, but Lance awakens a part of her that she hasn't seen since before her marriage to Steven.

Together, these two make sparks fly.

When they first meet, it's at Leila's place of work, where she's generally known as Dr Reynolds. Leila tries so hard to resist his charms and fights back against the very idea of cheating on her husband. But when it becomes clear that Lance can offer her things that Steven's not even thought about in years, she succumbs to their mutual attraction. She passes it off as one night, a slip that she will have to confess to Steven and beg forgiveness for.

Until events start taking a weird and somewhat freaky turn.

I'm not going to spoil it, by giving away what happens, but rest assured that the sparks fly. Leila jumps from the frying pan into the fire, over and over again, as she attempts to regain control of her life. Lance's solution is to seduce her into submission and try to take the pressure from her shoulders, but Leila's spent so long fighting her own battles that she can't allow that.

She's a strong woman and, around Lance.

Plot

The plot of this story is great. It's different from all other vampire erotica's, because although Leila is a human woman and yes, she has her weak moments, she's also fiery and feisty. She fights at any opportunity, when her life is in danger and isn't one of those wallflowers, who hangs back and waits for someone to rescue her. She's a tough broad.

Lance is also a little different to your typical Alpha male. He'll do anything for Leila, but he also loves her with a fierce passion that comes through in everything he says and does. He fights, he loves and he does it all one way → hard! He goes after what he wants.

To me, this is Lance. Powerful, charming, charismatic and stunning!

I love both the main characters, but I also have to admit that I was intrigued by Steven. He was only in the book for about five minutes, actually speaking and interacting, but he was a really interesting anomaly to the story. I never knew when he was going to pop up, if he was dead and no one knew it, or what part he had to play in it all.

Drake and Kellen were similar. I was intrigued by both and liked both of them, every time they appeared, but I also knew that they'd have a bigger part later on. The same couldn't be said for Charlotte. I didn't like her from the get-go, but I knew that she was going to be really important. There are a few characters like this – you know they're important, but you're not sure how, until it's all revealed at the end.

The best part about the book is that it builds at a slow, hot pace and has great moments of action, excitement and intrigue. There's a mystery to be solved early on and you can't trust anyone.

In the end, the story finishes with a HEA, though you know there's definite chance of a second book. There's no way that these two are lucky enough to get a HEA without any more trouble ahead. :) ( )
  ElleLainey | May 21, 2015 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 0692319611, Paperback)

WARNING 18+: This book is erotic paranormal romance and contains material that may be considered offensive to some readers, which includes graphic language, explicit sex, and adult situations. *NOTE This book is the first book in the Eternally Yours Series, but is complete and can be read as a stand-alone book. SYNOPSIS: Dr. Leila Reynolds is working her shift at Southside Medical Hospital in Las Vegas, Nevada, when she meets a mysterious man, Lance Steel. Although Leila is a married woman, she is enticed by this bold Renaissance man. Lance seduces her, surprising her with the most erotic weekend of her life … with a vampire. She convinces herself that it was just an affair, but she can’t get Lance—or the time they shared—out of her mind. As owner of the Caprice Casino and the exclusive Club Moroii, Lance has more money and heartbreaking good looks than any one man deserves. He soon introduces her to an underground world that she never knew existed, fraught with sex, booze, blood … and danger. When Leila’s life crumbles around her, Lance is there to pick up the pieces … but her connection with him has a price. Can Leila leave the past behind and become eternally his, allowing her heart—as well as her body—to be touched by a vampire?

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 31 Aug 2015 11:52:53 -0400)

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,144,726 books! | Top bar: Always visible