All Dressed in White: An Under Suspicion…

All Dressed in White: An Under Suspicion Novel (2015)

by Mary Higgins Clark, Alafair Burke

I've heard great things about both Mary Higgins Clark AND Alafair Burke, and when I saw this new item (something I could check off my 2016 Reading Challenge list--namely, "an item published this year"), I jumped at the chance to read it!
I really loved the premise of this story--it's about a gal who is a TV Program producer, who specializes in bringing cold cases to light and attempting to solve them on video. This is the second in a series, but it didn't seem to hurt me, not having read the first one. There are obviously characters that had been introduced before, but they were reintroduced in such a way that it didn't seem redundant to me. (It's important to me, when I jump into the middle of a series, to be able to pick it up without feeling like I've missed anything; but I also don't want to feel like I'm being patronized by the author striving hard to bring me up to speed--this book was the perfect balance, in that respect.)
  trayceetee | Apr 9, 2018 |
The second installment of Mary Higgins Clark's Under Suspicion series and I have been waiting for this book to come out. It was definitely a good one. Laura and Alex are back with her show cast to solve the mystery of the Runaway Bride. There are plenty of twists and turns. Just when I thought I had the whole thing figured out Mary Higgins Clark through a wrench in it. Definitely a great read. ( )
  Tiffy_Reads | Mar 19, 2018 |
was this book and agreed to give it an honest review, but I had to requests books 1 and 2 from my library, before I could read it thinking it wouldn't make sense, but it really didn't matter as each book is a standalone. Again the Under Suspicion team is called upon to find out what happened to this bride who went missing on he eve of her big wedding in Florida. After five years of not giving up on her daughter Mrs. Pierce convinces Laurie to take the case as she suspects the intended groom is guilty after she learns Amanda willed her trust fund to him! ( )
  Linda.Bass | Apr 25, 2016 |
“All Dressed in White” by Mary Higgins Clark and Alafair Burke

“All Dressed in White” is the second book in the Under Suspicion series co-authored by the much esteemed Mary Higgins Clark and Alafair Burke.
Laurie Moran’s wildly popular crime show, Under Suspicion, features profiles of cold cases in hopes of finding a resolution. Missing persons is not their usual forte, but when the mother of Amanda Pierce asks Laurie to help her uncover the truth about her daughter’s mysterious disappearance, Laurie agrees to look into the case.
Amanda and Jeff were the golden couple, all set to begin their life together. But, on the eve of their wedding, Amanda vanishes without a trace. Had she simply walked away or did someone murder her? Who stood to gain from her death? Who were her enemies? What secrets will float to the surface once Laurie and her team start digging around in the past? Will they find Amanda dead…or alive?
I love cold case mysteries more than any other type, so after reading “The Cinderella Murder,” I knew this series was for me. While the first book was very good, this second installment is even better.
It’s bad enough when someone is murdered and years pass without justice being served, but when someone disappears for five long years, it’s unlikely they simply ran away. Still, by now the details are murky, there is no body, no proof of a crime, and people have moved forward with their lives. But, bringing all the players back together to tape the show reveals a few cracks in the armor within Amanda’s own family, her friends, and with the all too perfect fiancé.
This story is absorbing and kept me guessing all the way to the bitter end. I loved it! The pacing is perfect, the story is compelling, the mystery is a real puzzler, and is written by two of my favorite female mystery writers. This is a clean mystery, without graphic details and the language is very mild, making this a story everyone can enjoy. 4.5 stars.

Reviewed by Julie Whiteley for Suspense Magazine ( )
  gpangel | Mar 7, 2016 |
“Under Suspicion” is a true crime television reality show that investigates unsolved cold cases. Guided by producer Laurie Moran, the case currently being investigated focuses on Amanda Pierce, a bride who disappeared from a hotel the night before her wedding.

The suspect list is long and includes Amanda’s fiancé and her best friend who are now married to each other. Despite the scrutiny, Jeff and Meghan claim they had no interest in each other until after Amanda’s disappearance. Others on hand for the reenactment of the weekend the bride disappeared include the bridesmaids, groomsmen, and Amanda’s brother and sister. Conflicting stories and the suggestion by several of the suspects that the bride intentionally disappeared all serve to complicate the investigation.

With more than enough deceit, suspicion, and intrigue to script a soap opera, this mystery will keep readers guessing right up to the unexpected reveal.

Recommended. ( )
  jfe16 | Dec 20, 2015 |

Mary Higgins Clarkprimary authorall editionscalculated
Burke, Alafairmain authorall editionsconfirmed

"The second thrilling novel in the New York Times bestselling Under Suspicion series following The Cinderella Murder, featuring intrepid television producer Laurie Moran as she investigates the case of a missing bride. Five years ago Amanda Pierce was excitedly preparing to marry her college sweetheart in a lavish ceremony at The Grand Victoria Hotel in Palm Beach. Then, with their guests and families on site, Amanda disappeared. In present-day New York City, Laurie Moran realizes a missing bride is the perfect cold case for her investigative television series, Under Suspicion. She and her team set out to recreate the night of the disappearance at the Florida resort with Amanda's friends and family in attendance, hoping to shed new light on the mystery as the series has done in past episodes. With a jealous sister, playboy groomsmen, Amanda's former fiance; now married to a bridesmaid, and rumors about the "beloved" bride herself, Laurie and Under Suspicion host Alex Buckley quickly realize everyone has a theory about why Amanda vanished into thin air. One thing is certain: whoever was behind Amanda's disappearance plans to keep the truth hidden "until death do they part..." The bestselling Under Suspicion series from Mary Higgins Clark and Alafair Burke offers "plenty of intrigue and excitement" (Publishers Weekly, on The Cinderella Murder). Featuring the chilling suspense and elegant settings readers have come to love, All Dressed in White is not to be missed"--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,545,337 books! | Top bar: Always visible