The Promise of Fate by Sarah Margolis Pearce

The Promise of Fate

by Sarah Margolis Pearce

811,035,133 (5)None
baskets (1) century (1) children (1) deceit (1) drifter (1) GR Import (1) hate (1) heart-racing (1) heartbreak (1) historical (1) intrigue (1) love (1) mine (1) murder (1) reeds (1) suspense (1) theft (1) to-read (6) tribe (1) value (1) weaving (1)

This is a book with many stories within the main story; which is about the people who are connected to a collection of four hand woven baskets and what these meant to the various people, scanning a century. The baskets have all kinds of value. They first belonged to Pompokom Farshadow's Grandmother, who made and used the baskets and passed them down to her Granddaughter. They were of the Maidu tribe in the area of Remington River.

What I loved most about this book was the build-up of suspense and what is going to happen next. Each story adds that spark of mystery and intrigue that keeps you completely involved with the characters. I read this book late into the night and finished it the very next day. I believe that Ms. Sarah Margolis Pearce , as an author, is a real force to be reckoned with. Her writing is raw and unapologetic. She tells her story her way, and I absolutely love that about her style. I can't wait to read more from her. Her climax had a knockout punch that is worthy of praise!

Thank you Ms. Sarah Margolis Pearce and Goodreads First-Reads for giving me a free copy of this book to read and give my honest review. ( )
  Connie57103 | Feb 23, 2016 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 126,407,571 books! | Top bar: Always visible