The Pen is Mightier by Andy Crawford

The Pen is Mightier

by Andy Crawford

411,664,912 (4)None
Recently added bybbbart, anaesteves

Waw, I wasn't expecting this at all. [b:The Pen is Mightier|25437500|The Pen is Mightier|Andy C.F. Crawford|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1430139692s/25437500.jpg|44690750] really captured my attention and at times I found I couldn't put it down.

Being a GRRM fan myself and waiting eagerly for the continuation of the Ice and Fire series, I found this book by Crawford a nice 'snack' in between, you can say. The story obviously spurs from the author's own respect for Martin. You could almost categorise this as Ice and Fire fan fiction, if you ask me. No direct links are laid of course.

By constantly switching between his real and fictional world, Crawford kind of managed to make me care even more about fantasy creations, at least while reading the book. The difficult to make relationship between the author Paul and The Great Chronicler was deftly done.

The only thing perhaps annoying me was the immense amount of swearing in the real-world parts of the book. That the protagonist Sed and his buddy Carl swear a lot is understandable from their age and background, but after a while every single character in the real world started swearing every other sentence.

After finishing this story, I'm finding myself looking forward reading the next thing Crawford gets out of his pen. ( )
  bbbart | May 30, 2015 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,903,671 books! | Top bar: Always visible