Once Upon a Time: Red's Untold Tale by Wendy…

Once Upon a Time: Red's Untold Tale

by Wendy Toliver

Thoroughly enjoyed the tale of Red, living with her granny and trying to get by selling her baked goods. I also liked the animosity between Red and Violet and her minions. Have not watched the TV show so this book wasn't ruined for me in a way that it might have been had I seen the show first. Didn't realize this was book four. I might look for the others. ( )
  JRlibrary | Jan 8, 2017 |
Ruby has always been my second favorite character on the Once Upon a Time TV show. Only Regina ahead of her. And I always wished that there had been more stories around Ruby. So when I saw this book that was going to be only and all about Red I was very excited.

Once I started the book it seemed that there were sort of two sides to the story. On one side I really liked how she portrayed Ruby and Granny. They and their relationship seemed very like the TV show. The other characters were cool (or infuriating if needed for the story) too.

On the other side it was way longer than it had to be. And the teen parts of the book on occasion just got a little too angsty.

On the whole though, I hope that they make more of these more in depth books about the non-main characters on Once Upon a Time.

I got this advanced galley through Netgalley on behalf of Disney Book Group. ( )
  DanieXJ | Sep 20, 2015 |

Red explores her adolescence, her responsibilities, her desires, and her destiny in this novel.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,616,287 books! | Top bar: Always visible