The Last Place on Earth by Carol Snow

The Last Place on Earth

by Carol Snow

231459,532 (4)1

When I read MS and YA books, I do so with the mindset of will my students like the book and read it all the way to the end.
Even though I didn't like everything about the book, I think middle school readers will like it.
There is plenty of mystery and suspense. I think the story drug a bit after Daisy reaches the compound and realizes what is going on. The adults and the twins were totally unlikeable. I thought they were too big to still be in diapers. And where did the diapers come from, dispose able? Surely they weren't washing cloth diapers in the cold creek water.
I was hoping that the families turned out to be just doomsdayers and as Daisy kept commenting, what if nothing is happening out there and we are living in the wilderness for nothing. ( )
  jothebookgirl | Jan 3, 2017 |

Amazon.com Product Description (ISBN 162779039X, Hardcover)

Daisy and Henry are best friends, and they know all each other's secrets. Or, so Daisy thinks, until she wakes up one morning to find that Henry and his family have disappeared without a trace. Daisy suspects Henry's disappearance is connected to their seriously awkward meeting the night before, but then she finds a note from Henry, containing just the words "SAVE ME."

Deeply worried, Daisy convinces her unemployed brother to take her on a rescue mission into the California mountains. As they begin to home in on Henry's exact location, they also start to find some disturbing clues . . . clues that call into question everything Daisy believes she knows about her friend. Why is he so hard to find? What kind of trouble is he in, exactly? And most importantly, who is actually saving who?

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 31 Aug 2015 11:55:14 -0400)

"Daisy's best friend Henry has mysteriously disappeared, leaving behind only a cryptic note"--

Carol Snow is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,395,169 books! | Top bar: Always visible