Season of Salt and Honey: A Novel by Hannah…

Season of Salt and Honey: A Novel

by Hannah Tunnicliffe

233459,532 (4)None

Hannah Tunnicliffe has written another wonderful heartfelt story about a woman named Frankie, her Italian family, and her relationship with Alex which is deeply touching. My heart went out to Frankie as she deals with her grief, and as I read this beautiful story I experienced overwhelming emotions from sadness to laughter and everything in between.

Not only does Hannah write stories with heart but she also takes you to another place with such detailed pictures that it is like you are actually there with all of her characters in the story experiencing everything they see, feel, and do. Plus she also makes your mouth water with descriptions of enticing Italian meals. Recipes are included so you can actually join the family when they sit down to eat.

“Season of Salt and Honey”, was a book I could not put down and actually read twice as it was such a pleasure to join Frankie and her family for a time and a delicious meal.

I received an ARC of this book via NetGalley in order to provide an honest review. I was not required to write a positive review. All opinions contained herein are my own. ( )
  ladyansel | Jan 12, 2017 |
I found this book to be sweet and charming. I was breezing through this book with quick speed. Frankie is a nice woman. Although even with all of the back and forth flashbacks to the past with her and Alex, I never really felt the love between them. In fact, I grew tried after a while of the flash backs with them together. The only good thing was that I good to see who Frankie was as a person and how she had matured in the present. Frankie's sister, Bella was cool. I liked Alex's brother, David. Who I grew closer to than Alex.

The recipes in this book were an added bonus. There were plenty inserted in this book. A nice thing because some books mention recipes but you only get like 2 or 3. Not that the book has to have tons or one for each chapter but a few more than just 3 is nice. Plus, I thought that the recipes featured in this book tied in nicely to the story. ( )
  Cherylk | Aug 31, 2015 |
I received this book via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review
Francesca 'Frankie' Caputo has it all figured out. She's finally going to marry the man she loves and then they will live happily ever after. But when a freak accident cuts her fiancé Alex's life tragically short, all of Frankie's future plans suddenly disintegrate.
A tale of love loss friendships i really enjoyed this book and i recommend p.s if you love your food as much as reading you will love the recipes that are tied into the story. ( )
  maximeg | Aug 10, 2015 |

"From the author of the "sweet, airy novel" (Publishers Weekly) The Color of Tea comes a resonant new book about a woman starting over following the tragic loss of her fiance. Frankie is a runaway bride. Or rather, she is running away from her fiance's funeral, the unthinkable event that has thrown her entire life into crisis. Frankie and Alex were high school sweethearts and each other's first loves. They should have been together forever. But Alex died in a surfing accident, and now Frankie is walking away from her family, driving north and east, letting her body do the thinking, all the way into the Cascade Mountain range. At Alex's family cabin, Frankie can give in to her grief and think about nothing. There are no aunts trying feed her just a few polpette or just a taste of affogato, despite her lack of appetite; none of Alex's family around to look questioningly at her left ring finger, no one there to perform for. Except for Jack, the cabin's caretaker, who has been tasked with forcing Frankie out of the property that isn't rightfully hers. And except for Bella, Frankie's wild-child younger sister who deserted the family years ago only to reappear at Frankie's lowest moment to dredge up painful memories from the past. But Frankie learns she can't hide--not from her family, not from the past, and not from truths about Alex she'd rather not face. The seasonal magic of the forest and its welcoming residents remind her that everything--flowers to bud, bread to rise, a heart to heal--takes its own time. This stunning novel, from the author of The Color of Tea, is a feast for the senses, with a message of forgiveness, hope, and the many ways to find and give love"--… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,629,237 books! | Top bar: Always visible