The Path of a Reluctant Metaphysician:…

The Path of a Reluctant Metaphysician: Stories and Practices for Troubled…

by Michael Mayer

2None2,551,640NoneNone
Recently added bycolettemcclean

No tags.

No reviews

This new edition fo the book, the Path of a Reluctant Metaphysician, is for bookstores: Are you a Reluctant Metaphysician? A career change, an upsetting external event, a serious illness, a painful breakup, or an unravelling culture can all be invitations to enter a deeper world behind the world. You may not have chosen to go there, but you evolve thereby. This book weaves together stories and reflections to introduce teachings and practices from ancient wisdom traditions that illuminate our unique life path.

The Path of a Reluctant Metaphysician speaks to the importance of having a holistic spiritual philosophy in our current times of the "great unraveling" of our personal, political, economic, cultural, and ecological world. Here you will find an integral approach to finding your life stance in troubled times. The metaphysical path is an "all vector approach" that incorporates both "spiritual" and "soulful" pathways, traditions of postural initiation such as Tai Chi, mythology, depth psychology, bodymind healing methods, a non-deterministic approach to astrology, and a multi-dimensional approach to the political sphere.
The Metaphysics of Myths: A metaphysician specializing in the art of symbolic process extracts primordial wisdom from mythic tales to help you navigate distressing times. Age-old Energetic Metaphysical Traditions: A Tai Chi/Qigong teacher initiates you into age-old practices for keeping your sense of equanimity so that these upheavals don't uproot you. The Metaphysics of Bodymind Healing and Psychotherapy: A leading-edge psychologist shares with you self-healing methods to deal with times of crisis and to find your life stance. Astrological Metaphysics: Are you wondering about the profound changes that are going on in the world? Does it ever seem like some unseen hand has turned a gear in a mysterious cosmic clock? Here you'll hear a prize-winning astrologer (who doesn't believe in predictive astrology) tell you about planetary configurations that are synchronistic with these changes. Political Metaphysics: You'll discover how connecting to the world behind the world can help us cope with, and develop political actions for, the troubled times in which we live.
Dr. Mayer transmits stories, teachings, and practices from his multifaceted career that are so captivating, they may lead you to reluctantly take time out of your busy everyday life. Be forewarned... if you read this book you too may become a Reluctant Metaphysician!
 What are Others saying about the book... Reluctant Metaphysician:
Dr. Michael Mayer has helped numerous people through his knowledge of psychotherapeutic principles, internal martial arts practices, and life style enhancement. Readers of this book will find Dr. Mayer's personal story an engrossing one, and may be motivated to recast their own beliefs and behaviors, even reluctantly, into a metaphysical mode.
~ Stanley Krippner, Ph.D. Alan Watts Professor of Psychology, Saybrook University Co-author, Personal Mythology
 In the 1970s Dr. Michael Mayer began his study of Tai Chi Chuan and Qigong with me. With continuous diligence, devotion, and skill he grows and ages with me as faithful student and friend. It delights my eyes and warms my heart to witness the masterful way Dr. Mayer creates a joining of hands between Eastern and Western spiritual traditions in this book.
 ~ Fong Ha, internationally recognized grandmaster of Tai Chi Chuan and Yi Chuan Qigong
Behind the veil of our everyday experiences there is another reality that beckons our attention.
Michael Mayer's revelations in various metaphysical domains are a guide for anyone who desires a richer and more fulfilling experience of life. If you think life must contain more juice than you have known so far, this book is for you.
 ~ Larry Dossey, MD Author: Healing Words

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 31 Aug 2015 12:01:12 -0400)

Average: No ratings.

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 117,078,748 books! | Top bar: Always visible