Simi's Komma

Simi's Komma

113,689,591 (4)None
Recently added byNoLabelsUnleashed

In Simi’s Komma, the author caters more towards a young adult audience. Yet even thought the characters and mannerisms are different, there is a dark cloud that is symbolizing a trademark for this up and coming writer.

I appreciate that Ms. Rising likes using interesting names for the characters. My two favorite characters in the work are Point and Simi. Point is outspoken, determined, and is quick to respond to situations. Simi is reserved but his quiet way makes people gravitate towards him. Being a leader of sorts seems a natural part in his make up.

For me, Hiphen knack for observation gets in the way when it is time for him to act. I would have liked to have known more about Rod, outside of his “roll with the punches” attitude.

Setting wise, the author took her time in setting the stage for the story. Aspects of the small town of Papyrus reminded me of the characteristics of my own small town: one main road, going by landmarks as opposed to street names, and not being one hundred percent open to new people (at first). No one notices a small town, until tragedy strikes.

The actions of the characters stayed in alignment associated with young adult behavior. There were moments when one can ponder why action wasn’t taken on certain things sooner. But that is where the adult way of thinking can deviate from the youth/teen way of approaching things.

I ran the full gambit of emotions–from being perturbed to being shocked at the ending, yet this is a glimpse into the life of typical high school behavior in some settings.

A part of me wouldn’t mind a follow up to what occurs with the crew, yet this is the type of story that could stand alone and just have you wondering “what if” and “why did it have to be this way.” ( )
  NoLabelsUnleashed | May 22, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,766,358 books! | Top bar: Always visible