JES! Towards a Joint Effort Society by Mr…

JES! Towards a Joint Effort Society

by Mr Frank van Empel PhD

113,689,591 (4)None
Recently added byNoLabelsUnleashed

Note: This work was submitted by the authors in exchange for an honest review via The Review Board.

When exploring a work of nonfiction, I have to approach it a little differently than I would another genre. The deciding factors include but aren’t limited to the following:

•Cover concept
•Visual presentation (from white space vs. text to overall syntax)
•How well researched and documented the material (if a bibliography is not available, how many personal experiences tie in to the content)
•How well the topic discussed traps my interest

Cover concept: It was very hard for me to connect the visual (based on the cover I saw on their website and Amazon) to the content inside. I expected a more predominant cover to match the knowledge and the passion in which the topic of a joint effort society was covered.

Visual presentation: There were very little flaws in syntax and proper balance between white space and text. The text used was extremely easy to read.

Research and Documentation: JES! Towards a Joint Effort Society gets top marks in research and documentation. There was a lot of beauty in the breakdown of the history preceding the modernized interpretation of a cooperative society.

Interest in topic: The advocacy of a joint effort society is a wonderful thing to strive for. It is apparent that many factors have kept the growth towards this at bay. The authors outlined some of the key deterrents such as inequality in social and economic hierarchy, the promotion and reward of competition more so than cooperation. I like reading material which causes me to really think and imagine a world different than the current chaos reflected on a daily basis.

Drawbacks (for me) that kept this work from getting the full five stars:

Cover concept (reasoning already covered)

Slightly overbearing in history vs. practical application: In certain areas, there was so much history discussed that one almost forgot the authors wanted to cover modern exercises in how a joint effort society can be achieved. Although background information in this work was definitely necessary to someone reading about this topic for the first time, an excessive amount could cause a reader to lose sight on the point of this work.

More visuals to accommodate information: I do wish there were more graphic models to emphasize certain concepts, particularly when discussing ecolution, comparison between cooperative and competitive processes and the overall joint effort society model. The modern examples given were excellent but more visuals would have further existing in having the points hit home. Plus, this would come in handy for those readers who are more enthralled with pictures than lots of text.

JES! Towards a Joint Effort Society gathers 4 out of 5 stars for topic interest, thorough documentation and explorations to improve modern day living. ( )
  NoLabelsUnleashed | May 22, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,830,497 books! | Top bar: Always visible