The High Sky of Winter's Shadows by W Jack…

The High Sky of Winter's Shadows

by W Jack Savage

113,689,591 (5)None
Recently added byNoLabelsUnleashed

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars. Extended review can be found on The Review Board

The climate of this read is very engaging. I felt as if I were invited into the author’s home and offered something to drink while he talked of his memories and experiences. If one is particular about chronological order and structure, this memoir may drive one nuts due to the jumps in various parts of his life. For me, these leaps in time provide an extra conversational like feel.

Despite this being an autobiography, it was presented in a very non-conventional way. The journal approach definitely worked, and I was made part of the author’s memories:

~I wanted to grab a malt to discover the difference between a malt and a milkshake.
~I smiled and nodded in understanding (as well as sympathy) when the author spoke of the decline of true radio as it relates to the way things are now.

The presentation of the material made it easy to read, and just when you are eagerly awaiting the next tale, you are at the end of the book. It’s just that smooth of a sail.

Through this whole write, there is an underlying message: to learn and grow from your mistakes. This is a message that never gets old, no matter its form or its deliverance.

I highly recommend this book—a wonderful balance of memoir, storytelling, and creative candor. ( )
  NoLabelsUnleashed | May 22, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,559,584 books! | Top bar: Always visible