Don't Judge Me by Quanah Edwards

Don't Judge Me

by Quanah Edwards

113,689,591 (2)None
Recently added byNoLabelsUnleashed

Side Note: This is actually closer to a 2.5 but wasn't quite swayed to round it to a 3. Full review is on TRB.

fter reading "Terra's Nite Out", I was a bit apprehensive about "Don't Judge Me". Yet I believe in a person's ability to improve and grow.

Here are a few things I appreciated about "Don't Judge Me".

The Story is Here: I liked that there's actually some type of storyline. ZA is fighting to stay afloat his cocaine and alcohol addiction. Chrissy is adjusting to actually being in a relationship after incorporating the attitude of just "screwing and leaving".

Characters of Interest: I was very interested in ZA's character. Although he had his addictions, at his core he was a good guy--who still believed in the principles of a long lasting relationship. I believe that Jana got a bad rep because she was trying to look out for Chrissy with what she said.

Despite this, there were still plenty of opportunities:

Syntax errors: Instance of misplaced words and misspelled words were still prevalent, particularly on page 34. In addition there were also multiple misplaces of commas and double quotation marks in terms of dialogue. Instead of the comma being nestled inside the double quotation marks, it was placed on the outside.

Slight Expansion on Storyline Elements: I would have liked a little bit more detail on the following, possibly told in terms of a short prologue:

1. How did ZA's addiction originally start? (It would have served to have a bit more of that there so I could be even more engaged in his character.)
2. What guy broke Chrissy's heart and made her the way she was? (It was revealed via dialogue but I would have loved to have heard a full telling of this to make me connect with her.)

Where's the Oomph?: The author should have definitely used more exclamation points to indicate the level of excitement in the sexual escapades, along with sprinkles of full capitalization and italicization.

Verdict: Although the presentation of Quanah's writing has improved, I don't pick up that the author is fully connecting with the erotic scenes--due to the lack of emphasis in deep scenarios of passion and the scenarios not being doused with enough creativity. The author does have potential with storyline and I admire her bravery with addressing cocaine and alcohol addiction as well as the underlying tinge of redemption vs. past experiences. However, I would have preferred to see this storyline play out--with it being the star and the sex scenes being the buffer as opposed to the other way around. It just doesn't feel like erotica is the appropriate genre for her to partake in. Yet if she continues on this path (or with any future writings), Quanah should invest in a quality proofreader, a professional editor and strong beta readers to tell her what works and doesn't work in a narrative. That way, her work can fully connect across the board: from the newbie of erotica to a more seasoned veteran of stimulation. In any event (regardless of genre), this author has not made it to the Promised Land and has quite a ways to go before she will get there. ( )
  NoLabelsUnleashed | May 22, 2015 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,939,506 books! | Top bar: Always visible