Truth's Blood by Tyler Roberts

Truth's Blood

by Tyler Roberts

113,689,591 (4)None
Recently added byNoLabelsUnleashed

At first, I must admit, it took me a while to get into it. The juices really didn’t start flowing for me until about Chapter 8. In some points it seemed a bit drawn out, and in others, some of the action bordered close to the unrealistic–like Monk being a borderline superhero, almost indestructible until close to the end.

There were also places where the dialogue was squeezed together (issues with formatting) as well as the political dialogue being slightly excessive. It also would have been nice to have seen some more female characters, especially those that had the same type of strength as Cliffson’s wife.

Despite it all, I found this to be a great read for many reasons. One is the strong connection between what’s happening in the book and current events, such as the state of unemployment, the national debt, and cutting spending on federal programs. There were also characters in the novel that paralleled the general public.

Overall, Truth’s Blood is deeper than a novel. It is a write that warrants conversation across different generations and different subcultures and deserving of a read. Great read for political enthusiasts and conspiracy theory buffs. ( )
  NoLabelsUnleashed | May 22, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,745,694 books! | Top bar: Always visible