The Anger Meridian by Kaylie Jones

The Anger Meridian

by Kaylie Jones

This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
Merryn is a flawed heroine and it's no wonder--her husband, Beau, was a philanderer who died in a car wreck leaving his wife and daughter in a financial and social mess. They flee to Mexico where Merryn's mother lives. Merryn tries to rebuild her life, but her mother is an abusive schemer, the FBI shows up with lots of questions about Beau's business dealings, and Merryn's daughter also has a lot of difficult questions. There's plenty here to keep you reading...and it is all told against a backdrop of San Miguel de Allende, one of Mexico's loveliest settings. ( )
  seeword | Feb 17, 2017 |
The Anger Meridian was a unique, interesting, emotionally charged, suspenseful, surprising and romantic story. It had a little bit of everything. The characters were real, complex and dynamic.

Kaylie Jones brings San Miguel de Allende to life, rich in its landscape and vivid imagery. Everything she describes, you are able to see and feel.

To read more of this review, please visit http://www.ordinaryservant.com/?p=3425. ( )
  SisterP66 | Dec 13, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
I received my copy of The Anger Meridian free of charge, from the publisher, through LT's Early Reviewer program. And when I first started the book, I was a little worried that maybe I'd made a mistake in requesting it: The beginning seemed a little too much like several other "chick lit" books I've started and abandoned because there was too much chick and not enough lit. Glad I stuck with this one, though -- I ended up enjoying it much more than I expected to. It's a very quick read; I finished it in a couple of days, which is very fast for me. And even though Merryn, the book's central character, was thoroughly maddening at times, I found myself really pulling for her as the tale unfolded. Of course, my favorite character was Sophia, the doggie -- don't want to create any "spoilers" here, but I thought her story was very satisfying. Well, actually, I thought the whole thing was just that -- totally satisfying. Well written, well plotted, interesting characters, with a bit of romance. And a truly monstrous mother figure. Just a really enjoyable read. ( )
  jlshall | Oct 25, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
This is a great book about Merryn Huntley whose husband dies unexpectedly in a car crash he was with another woman he had hooked up with. Rather than grieve Merryn heads to her mothers house in Mexico. But Merryns chickens come home to roost. Kaylie Jones did a stellar job with The Anger Meridian. I will definitely read more of her work in future. ( )
  Devlindusty | Oct 21, 2015 |
This review was written for LibraryThing Early Reviewers.
When Merryn Huntley’s husband dies in a car crash with the waitress he’d just picked up, she doesn’t feel so much like grieving as leaving, so she flees to the supposed sanctuary of her mother’s home in Mexico. But her hideaway is none to tranquil, as she comes face-to-face with some home truths she doesn’t want to face.

Kaylie Jones packs a lot of plot into this page-turner. With its twisting family story, sun-baked setting, compelling relationships, and clear, often witty writing, The Anger Meridian is a great book. ( )
  RoseCityReader | Sep 11, 2015 |

After her wealthy husband and his mistress are killed in a car accident, Merryn Huntley and her daughter retreat to Mexico to hideout at her mother's secluded home in Mexico where she must face certain truths about herself.

LibraryThing Early Reviewers Alum

Kaylie Jones's book The Anger Meridian was available from LibraryThing Early Reviewers.

Sign up to get a pre-publication copy in exchange for a review.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,393,257 books! | Top bar: Always visible