An Endless Christmas: A Novella by Cynthia…

An Endless Christmas: A Novella

by Cynthia Ruchti

This is a wonderfully painted portrait of God’s love shining here on earth. You will enjoy a cottage, warm fires, snow, family, tradition, acceptance, love, hope, healing, and so much more. The characters were well developed and their complexity added to the story’s interest.
I especially loved the healing that dealing with past regrets brought to characters. The traditions that radiated through the family generations were another favorite of mine.
I am sure you will find comfort and joy within the pages of Ms Ruchti’s writing. A truly heart-warming, enjoyable Christmas book! ( )
  BeverlyL | Dec 27, 2015 |
Title: An Endless Christmas (A Novella)
Author: Cynthia Ruchti
Pages: 240
Year: 2015
Publisher: Worthy Inspired
My rating is 5+ stars.
Let me tell you this story brought a few tears to my eyes and a few laughs as well. For me, the main theme is legacy along with passing down traditions or changing them which brings new life. When the matriarch and patriarch of the family were saying goodnight to their growing family who came to celebrate Christmas, the patriarch prayed a blessing over each person. Now, to me, that is one special and meaningful action worth repeating. It doesn’t have to be just the man in the family; it can be the woman too as I have prayed blessings over my sons.
The two main characters in the novella are Katie and Micah who have known each other for years.When Katie was proposed to, she couldn’t accept Micah’s offer until they had time to talk through what she just learned about her ancestry. Katie thought that since hardly anyone stayed married in her family that meant that would happen to her too. What she learns through the story changes her heart in ways you cannot imagine, most of all her relationship with the Lord.
Another action this growing family did was insisted that all techy gadgets be put away for the whole week they were together. While at first all of the young people found it hard to leave everything off, including the TV, what the family did with their time together brought a deeper meaning to the holy days and family relationships. There are a few surprises in the story, but overall I highly recommend spending time reading this new novella. May you be touched, changed, encouraged and more purposeful in your time with family and friends this year!
Disclosure of Material Connection: I received one or more of the products or services mentioned above for free in the hope that I would mention it on my blog. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255. “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” ( )
  lcjohnson1988 | Nov 25, 2015 |
A family that has it right, a family that knows the true meaning of Christmas, and this story shows in more way than one that the Binder family knows why we celebrate.
Micah has brought the woman, Kate, that he believes will be his soul mate, and can’t wait and doesn’t to pop the question. Kate over whelmed and carrying her own baggage says “No”.
Micah is about to get a little help from all of his family, and Kate is about to be overwhelmed, but before we are finished you will wish that you were a member of this family. Everyone including the children seem to know that Jesus is their savior and the reason we have Christmas.
This is a wonderful warmhearted read, and as you turn the pages and think it can’t get any better, it does. I highly recommend this wonderful Christmas read it will bring you joy, even with a second read.
I received this book through Litfuse Publicity Book Tours and was not required to give a positive review. ( )
  alekee | Nov 25, 2015 |
Like playing Clue

Reading Cynthia Ruchti’s fiction is like playing Clue - looking for the threads and psychological hints that intertwine characters and lead to unanticipated outcomes. Her fiction is an invitation to explore the settings that shape her characters.

In An Endless Christmas a brisk holiday in Stillwater, MN, is warmed by the intergenerational family life and traditions that are disappearing from our frenetic society. Micah’s faithful, predictable family is contraposed with the damaged fabric of Katie’s legacy. Katie wistfully hopes that “...real families could weather storms and keep loving..."

Key to Katie’s healing is the Binder family blessing, the same enduring love that hems the Christmas story. As expressed by Grandpa Wilson the blessing is grounded in the faith and hope of a heavenly endless Christmas.

The earth shall soon dissolve like snow,
The sun forbear to shine;
But God, who call'd me here below,
Will be forever mine.
John Newton

Litfuse Publicity Group and Worthy Publishing sent me a copy of Cynthia Ruchti’s An Endless Christmas in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  ramagnes | Nov 20, 2015 |
An Endless Christmas by Cynthia Ruchti is a cute Christmas romance novel. Katie Vale is going home with her boyfriend, Micah Binder for Christmas. As soon as they get through the door of his grandparent’s home, Micah proposes to Katie. Katie, who had received a text on the way to the home from the airport, says no. Now this could make for an awkward Christmas if it wasn’t the Binder family. Why does Katie not want to get married? Did the text she receive having something to do with her answer? I think Christmas with the Binder’s will be a life altering experience.

I found An Endless Christmas to be a delightful story. It is a charming story with very likable characters. The Binder family is a large, loving family. I, personally, would go crazy with so many people in one house (and I would never consider a window seat a bed which is where Katie got to sleep). However, it is lovely to read about such a heartwarming, Christian family. I give An Endless Christmas 4 out of 5 stars.

I received a complimentary copy of An Endless Christmas from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  Kris_Anderson | Oct 25, 2015 |

Both in their eighties, Dodie and Wilson Binder celebrate every Christmas as if it were their last. This year, their grandson Micah is planning to ask his girlfriend, Katie, to marry him so they can celebrate with the whole family. But things go very wrong when she says, "no." Now they are stuck. Too many people, too much snow, and too little room should be a recipe for disaster.… (more)

Cynthia Ruchti is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,439,096 books! | Top bar: Always visible