Just One Taste by Kimberly Kincaid

Just One Taste

by Kimberly Kincaid

631,268,033 (5)None

Fantastic, fun, quick read! Love that we got Jessie's story and Kat is the perfect match for him. When they both suffer damage to their apartments after a water main break the find themselves sharing a cabin. Working on fixing up the cabin gives them the time they need to get to know each other and decide how they want to handle the wild attraction between them. This is a great addition to the series and I highly recommend this one for everyone. ( )
  Bette_Hansen | Nov 3, 2015 |
This sweet little novella is a tasty little tidbit of life in Pine Mountain and it will definitely whet YOUR appetite for more! Ms. Kincaid certainly knows her way around a small town foodie romance. I have adored everything I've read by this author and if you enjoy sweet, sexy, sassy heroines that are straightforward and real, and you have a hankerin' for some mouthwateringly droolworthy heroes that are just the right amount of alpha male mixed with a dash of vulnerability, to keep them humble of course, then you will love visiting Pine Mountain as much as I do! In this beautiful but brief sojourn to this idyllic resort town we go to a crumbling lake house in need of REPAIR where our fiercely independent army-brat heroine Kat ends up falling for the wounded warrior medic turned sous chef Jesse, and vice versa. Even though I know from experience that Ms. Kincaid never disappoints with the HEA, I always love to see how she gets her characters there. She has an amazing way of writing as if she is cooking up a sumptuous feast and I'm right there in the kitchen with her, watching as she throws in a handful of close-knit family, a cup of caring friends, a pinch of emotional hurdles, a liberal dose of spicey sexy goodness, and to top it all off, just the right amount of humor to tie the 'meal' all together. Absolutely delicious each and every time. I can't wait for my next vacation with the residents of this wonderful little community! Yum!

*Please NOTE - I was generously given a digital copy of this book by the author in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  darkand27 | May 28, 2015 |
I loved this story! This was my first time reading Ms. Kincade's work and, I must say, I am looking forward to going back and reading the other books in this series. A quick read, I was hooked right from the start and sad to see it end. The novella is heart-warming and well written. The characters are endearing and enjoyable. A must read!

ARC received from Kensington Publishing in exchange for an honest review. ( )
  blsfan68 | May 24, 2015 |

"Jesse Oliver was a medic in Afghanistan, but back home in Pine Mountain he's happy to switch gears as the Double Shot bar's new sous chef. When his apartment floods and his old Army buddy offers the family's dilapidated lake house as temporary quarters, Jesse thinks a little remodeling on the creaky duplex sounds like a fair return favor. That's before he sets eyes on the gorgeous woman moving into the other side of the cabin--and discovers she's his buddy's kid sister, a.k.a totally off limits. Kat McMarrin has fought hard for her space, and she's not too interested in sharing it. Of course, her job as a physical therapist means she won't see much of Jesse, even if he's a few thin floorboards away--unless she seeks him out. And with his sculpted body and slow-burn gaze, she might be tempted. Maybe the fixer-upper projects she has planned for the cabin will keep her mind off him. Or maybe her instincts to strip the place down will get out of hand..."… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,166,433 books! | Top bar: Always visible