Shortcuts to Mindfulness: 100 Ways to…

Shortcuts to Mindfulness: 100 Ways to Personal and Spiritual Growth

by Catherine Auman LMFT

711,138,814 (5)None

I absolutely loved this read, it was enjoyable, interesting, inspiring and at the same time uplifting and quite thought provoking.

From the authors own collection, 100 short articles for educating the mind that is split into eight inspiring topics and includes factual techniques, information and stories. I knew as soon as I had read the authors first story that I would enjoy reading the rest of the book. With the short chapters it was easy to pick up whenever I had some spare time and found myself reading a lot more than I had planned to each time. The authors insight, perception, writing and underlying meaning for the process or personal and spiritual growth made it completely easy to relate to and open my mind to. A couple of sections in the book really touched base with me especially the one below as it made sense at a difficult stage in my life...

In addition to the son in the above relationship needing to move on and create his own adult life, the mother needs to let go of being an actively involved mother and deal with her sadness about her empty nest. Only then will she be able to create a fulfilling post-mothering life for her later years.

I will be easily reading this book over and over again, it has a lovely calming effect and I found such an interesting read. I would love to read more from this author as we all need a spiritual lift at some point in our life. ( )
  beckvalleybooks | Oct 5, 2016 |

Too busy to take up a meditation practice? You don't have to with this collection of short essays by Catherine Auman, LMFT. The reader will experience mindful awakenings about spirituality, relationships, love, tantric sex, and how to become a better person.

"Catherine Auman's intelligent work inspires my heart and mind and echoes with her profound humanity. I feel grateful and happy that people can learn and practice with such a trustworthy guide."
--Trudy Goodman, PhD, Senior Vipassana teacher and Founder of InsightLA

"The psychological teachings are eye opening and are weaved in with nuanced spiritual wisdom...She is a wonderful teacher."
--Alan Gettis, PhD, author of It's All Part of the Dance: Finding Happiness in an Upside Down World

"I love the wisdom that Catherine offers; her writings always bring me back to a more humbled, in-tune and spiritually-connected place.
--Sara Lederer, PhD, Licensed Psychologist and Professor at Argosy University

"Brilliant and Inspiring...Her insights are down-to-earth, thought-provoking, and life-changing. I love to share Catherine's amazing essays with my clients, as I know each one of them will be transformative and impactful."
--Saida Desilets, PhD, author of Emergence of the Sensual Woman

(retrieved from Amazon Tue, 14 Jul 2015 14:56:04 -0400)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,757,979 books! | Top bar: Always visible