Veiled Obsession (His Agenda 1) by Dori…

Veiled Obsession (His Agenda 1)

by Dori Lavelle

It is a great pleasure to read and review Veiled Obsession by Dori Lavelle.

Veiled Obsession by Dori Lavelle carries a very strong warning and should be heeded! This is not your regular hearts and flowers, happily ever after offering!

Veiled Obsession is written as though Ms. Lavelle has immersed herself in researching the subject of domestic abuse or lived through the terror herself. I am amazed at the emotions that I experienced while reading it. As a survivor myself, it resonated very deeply in me. I experienced the joy, the disbelief, the shame, the anguish, the terror and the hopelessness Ms. Lavelle wrote into Haley, and I still feel a deep and abiding hatred for Jude Macknight that will carry me through this series, His Agenda.

Well done, Dori. Your range and writing abilities continue to amaze me with every subsequent novel.

I highly recommend Veiled Obsession by Dori Lavelle and give it five steaming hot cups of Room With Books coffee.

© May 25, 2015
Patricia, Room With Books ( )
  roomwithbooks | Aug 31, 2015 |
Most reviews are using the "dark and twisted" description because it fits.
You feel for the characters, but you can't believe anyone is innocent.
I had a hard time liking any of them, but I could feel insensed with the way one in particular treated the others. This is a case where a bad situation creates an opportunity, followed by a worse situation disguised (thinly) as something good, and your gut is telling you not to trust it, but you can't imagine how horrible the situation becomes.
We learn about something that triggered the warped thinking but it can not be used as an excuse for the sick behavior that follows.
The writing is fantastic. Dori Lavelle draws the reader in and you'll find yourself sitting in one position, feeling like for hours, holding your breath. If anyone comes up beinmd you as you are reading, I guarantee you will jump!

Towards the end, there is a plot twist that should be wonderful, but I can't feel comfortable until I have read the next installment. I am left feeling very on edge and fearful.

I was given a copy from the author in exchange for my honest review.
If you can handle violent and twisted, if you appreciate a strong plot and don't expect everything wrapped up in a pretty package, get started with this series. I know we are going to be talking about it. ( )
  LaurasReading | May 25, 2015 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,711,632 books! | Top bar: Always visible