Penguins with People Problems by Mary Laura…

Penguins with People Problems

by Mary Laura Philpott

A cute book about the problems penguins face. Perhaps it may surprise you that penguins also have problems similar to humans. They get stuck in clothing when they try to put them on. They can't do Pinterest. They fall in love with someone that may confuse or puzzle their friends and family. And so on.

Based on the funny Tumblr The Random Penguins, this is pretty much that in book form. I was somewhat disappointed to see such a thin book with little content, but I did enjoy it. And while I wanted to support the author for such a cute and funny idea, it might not be something for everyone. I enjoyed it, but I think if I had to choose I would have picked this up at the library or requested it as a gift instead.

Still, it's a cute little book that was a very quick read. It's not life-changing, but it'll make you smile. ( )
  acciolibros | Feb 11, 2018 |

Stress-eating after a breakup?
Frustrated by the cost of a good cocktail?
Stymied by the weirdness of abstract art?
These penguins share your pain.

The "random penguins" are a lineup of quirky, lovable weirdos with minds of their own. They understand the agony of social awkwardness, the power of the perfect smoky eye, and the arm- (or wing)-flapping terror of having a bee in the car. In fact, these winged characters get into the same sticky situations we all do. They are Penguins with People Problems.

So meet your favorite new flightless friends. They're brutally honest (except when they're lying), comically insecure, and totally relatable.

(retrieved from Amazon Mon, 06 Jul 2015 17:16:46 -0400)

"The random penguins are a lineup of quirky, lovable weirdos with minds of their own. They understand the agony of social awkwardness, the power of the perfect smoky eye, and the arm-(or wing)-flapping terror of having a bee in the car. In fact, these winged characters get into the same sticky situations we all do" --… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 125,320,852 books! | Top bar: Always visible