The Wrong Girl by Laura Wilson

The Wrong Girl

by Laura Wilson

191561,019 (4.25)None

Janice gets a call out of the blue from her daughter Suzanne whom she had adopted and has never had contact with. The news is not good, Janices brother Dan has been found dead. Meanwhile Suzannes daughter Molly believes that she is really the missing girl Phoebe.

Overall I enjoy books by Laura Wilson, especially her Stratton series of books. Her stand alone books I find are all different. This I find refreshing as some authors cover the same ground.

This book has for its theme a missing little girl called Phoebe. I did remind me very much of the recent case of Madeline McCann. Combined with everything else going on I felt at times that there perhaps were too many themes at one time.

However the book was a pacy read and there is plenty to kerp the readers interest. I wouldn't say the book is an edge of your seat thriller but an ok read.

I would recommend any book by Laura Wilson especially the Stratton books, as always in order. ( )
  tina1969 | Jun 18, 2015 |

In 2006, three-year-old Phoebe Piper went missing on a family holiday. Despite massive publicity and a long investigation, no trace of her was ever found. Seven years later, Molly Jackson, aged ten and recently uprooted to a Norfolk village, finds her great uncle Dan dead in his bed. Molly remembers nothing of her early years, but she's been sure for ages that she is Phoebe. Everything in her life points to it and now, finally, she has proof. Dan's death brings his hippie sister Janice back to Norfolk where she's re-united with Molly's mother Suze, the daughter she gave up for adoption decades earlier. Janice discovers that a former lover, Joe Vincent, lives nearby. Joe was a rock star who, at the height of his fame, turned his back on public life. As she is drawn back into the past, Janice begins to wonder if Dan's death and Joe's reputation as a reclusive acid casualty are quite what they appear...And then Molly disappears.… (more)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 119,595,404 books! | Top bar: Always visible