Nipples to the Skye: Total Trust and…

Nipples to the Skye: Total Trust and Surrender in Love (The ButterflyFree…

by Jim Talentino

431,664,912 (5)None

No tags.

“Nipples to the Skye: Total Trust and Surrender in Love” is the 3rd book in the ButterflyFree project compiled by Terry Talentino. The words of his wise father, Jim Talentino, written on scraps of paper that followed Terry through many moves and even a hurricane, found themselves the source and crux of the inspiration for a series unlike anything else you may have read before.
This one speaks to the soul about love and trust, two things we all say we want, but two things most of us have difficulty finding, or giving. This is about surrender, an acceptance of self, of faith, of love and of everything in-between. Composed in a wholly unique way, each section or chapter speaks to something different, yet they all follow the same theme.
My favorite part may be ‘Monkey Business Rules of Conduct.’ Using the term, ‘Monkey on your back’ – which is generally used to convey an addiction, this instead speaks of other peoples burdens and problems, which I could be a form if addiction I suppose. The way some talk of other people’s baggage, the analogy here is monkeys – and it is wonderful. Your monkey is not my monkey… I love that. ( )
  HeatherDG | Jun 3, 2015 |
What an odd name for a self-help book, but it all makes sense in the end. I followed this series from the beginning and loved the unique wisdom and presentation of each book. ‘Nipples to the Skye’ ties all of Jim Talentino’s advice and wisdom together and in my opinion delivers the most important message of all—be true to yourself.

We’ve all heard that advice before but I personally (and I assume many others) never really ventured to wonder what that truly meant. By the end of ‘Nipples to the Skye,’ you will know what it means for sure, and realize what a tall order it really is. Just because the world pressures us to be this or do that doesn’t mean that’s what is ultimately best for us. Sometimes, you just need to hear that it’s OK to do something for yourself. Talentino delivers that, all through a series of short stories and poems. ( )
  BeccaHugh | May 31, 2015 |
Trust and surrender… - I used to be a person who trusted no one and the word surrender was not in my vocabulary. This did not serve me well in life and to say that I was unhappy would be a gross understatement. Pain is a great motivator and this is where many people, myself included, finally throw up their hands and surrender. As author Jim Talentino so artfully illustrates in "Nipple to the Skye", this is where the real healing, growth and living actually begins. A wonderfully well-written book about trust and surrender, and the ultimate benefits that these ongoing acts can provide. The ultimate lesson is contained right here and Talentino has clearly lived it. What a wonderful series, written in a unique style that touches the heart and captivated this reader from the start. This was certainly a fitting conclusion that inspired beyond measure. ( )
  jt123abn | May 26, 2015 |

Absolute trust. Absolute surrender. Absolute acceptance of what life as Love has to offer us. This is Nipples to the Skye, the final offering in the writings of Jim Talentino. This collection of short stories, prose and poetic reflections are the climactic conclusion to the exploration in our journeys to finding the answers to life’s greatest questions. Filled with wonderful observations, penetrations and discernments, and gloriously colourful narratives it challenges us to dig deep, to view life from a new perspective and to embrace living a life true to ourselves, without compromise.

Nipples to the Skye teaches us that once we learn to say yes to ourselves, and view death, chaos and conflict as a gift, we start to live in a state of Love. Love is being aligned with the universe’s plan for our lives. When in alignment, we instinctively know we’re developing our soul to a higher level of consciousness and enlightenment, which is the true ambition of any earthly soul. In WeeButterfly (Part 1) and GoodFriday (Part 2), Talentino invites us to explore this perspective and shares with us the tumultuous life experiences that led him to this ultimate state of surrender and trust.

Written by Jim Talentino, former priest, professional hockey player and coach, teacher and author, and now published by his son, Terry Talentino, Nipples to the Skye is the culmination of a wealth of writings left in legacy over twenty years ago. It is published under the helm of the ButterflyFree Project, a project started by Terry in 2014 as a vehicle to spread the word of his father.

Other books in this series include:
WeeButterfly (Part 1)
GoodFriday (Part 2)

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 120,805,523 books! | Top bar: Always visible