Warrior Dog by Emily Kimelman

Warrior Dog

by Emily Kimelman

312,001,085 (5)None
Recently added byDTChantel, rubyandthetwins, perusal

Deep inside of all animals there dwells an innate fear of fire; and for the Rottweiller Keiki - Detective Leilani Texiera's most loyal friend and fiercest ally - the fear of fire is no less insidious or terrifying. As a decendant of the Drover Dogs of Rome, Keiki definitely understands the enormous legacy that she must honor. In ancient Roman times, these Rottweiller ancestors followed men into war, helped herd animals, and protected the flock from predators. All these tasks required a certain bravery and great skill to accomplish; yet it was also a noble responsibility for such creatures to undertake.

In more modern times, Keiki's role remains much the same. She must protect Lei and her family from any and all predators. They are members of her pack and rely on Keiki's indomitable strength and wily intelligence for their protection. This is a responsibility that Keiki takes enormous pride in and treats very seriously.

Yet, when the enemy that you must face is also one that fills you with the most shameful fear, what is a mighty protector to do? How will Keiki save her family from such a raging, uncontrollable beast? For the sake of her pack, Keiki must rely on her own protective instincts, and the assistance of some new friends in order to do what needs to be done. Because when you're only one dog - the protector of the pack - and facing off against a particularly devious enemy, your number one priority in this mission becomes crystal clear: protect the family.

I must say that while I do have at least five books by Emily Kimelman sitting on my virtual TBR pile, this was the first book by this author that I've actually had the pleasure of reading. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book; it was extremely fast-paced and very well-developed for its length, and I absolutely loved both Keiki's and Blue's character development. I give this book an A+! ( )
  rubyandthetwins | May 15, 2017 |

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,209,864 books! | Top bar: Always visible