Beautifully Brutal (Southern Boy Mafia)…

Beautifully Brutal (Southern Boy Mafia) (Volume 1)

by Nicole Edwards

192537,190 (4)None

First off I wanted to say that I didn't read the Sniper 1 Security series (the series that Southern Boy Mafia series is a spinoff off of). I feel like I understood the whole book, but I do wish I would have read the other first. I plan to go back and read it before the next of this series comes out. I think there is history between some of the characters that would have made the story even better.

Max is a definite badboy. He is an underboss in a criminal organization. He deals in a lot of illegal activities including murder. He lets very few in. One of these is Courtney. She's like his kryptonite, causing him to make dangerous decisions for a man in his position.

Courtney is part of a totally different organization. In the eyes of most, they would be labeled the good guys. She can't deny the pull she has to Max, but she can see no future for them. Loving him makes it hard for her to follow plans that she knows she should.

This is definitely a case of star-crossed lovers. Not only are the families on opposites sides of the law, but the elder generation also have a longstanding animosity. When Courtney's father/boss sends her in to spy on Max and his family, the outcome is something none of them really expected. The story is told in present times and flashbacks, covering their whole enemies and lovers dance.

It's not hard to fall for Max. I loved the whole family aspect. I really enjoyed all of it, and I am super looking forward to the next book. From the preview at the end of this one, it's going to be smoking hot.

***Copy given in exchange for an honest review***

toni

FangirlMoments and My Two Cents

FULL REVIEW CAN BE FOUND AT http://fangirlmomentsandmytwocents.blogspot.com/2015/06/beautifully-brutal-by-ni... ( )
  ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |

***Copy given in exchange for an honest review***

toni

FangirlMoments and My Two Cents

ToniFGMAMTC | Jan 19, 2017 |

You are using the new servers! | About | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 116,950,028 books! | Top bar: Always visible