Enlightenment by Kim Cormack

Enlightenment

by Kim Cormack

851,035,133 (4.6)None

Note to readers. Get all of the novels before you attempt to read. I read the first a while ago and it was hard to catch up until I read my review, it was if a light came on! Book 2 is where Kayn Brighton awoke in a hospital then she remembered the horror of her attack and that her family was all dead including her twin! Enlightenment is what her and other newbies of Clan Ankh had to prepare to die and they had to die over and over again. Until they all realized that they couldn't die because they were Immortal. This is one long novel and I'm just glad that I didn't have to go through the horrors that Kayn and the other clan members did as at eighteen I could never have been that brave. Now on to book 3 after I rest my brain! ( )
  HOTCHA | Apr 1, 2018 |
This is the 2nd book of the series which I received free for an honest review. I did purchase and read book 1 first. Definitely a really good series with a storyline that is not similar to anything else I have read which just makes it that much more fun to read. Really good character development with characters you love and others not so much although even the characters you want to hate have their likeable moments. Nicely complex relationships that are certainly not one dimensional. This story continues to follow Kayn and her very complex life as she tries to transition into immortal thinking. The story takes us into the "testing" which is the point where Kayn needs to overcome human thinking about life and death or ...not...
Again I could not put the story down, the fast paced action draws you in to have to see what happens next. Now onto book 3... I must continue to read... ( )
1 vote scmerritt | Feb 11, 2018 |
Enlightenment by Kim Cormac

As kayn and the clan recover they understand the need to move forward. Not to forget the past but to make it part of you.

Enlightenment is the second book of the children of the ank series. Kim Cormac dosent let her readers down it is once again a fantastic adventure full of action adventure and wonder. ( )
1 vote dawbre42 | Jan 19, 2018 |
“What would you do if you discovered that everything you’ve ever known to be your reality was a lie?”

Kim Cormack’s paranormal fantasy Enlightment, book 2 in the Children of Ankh series, makes readers question this very thing. This masterpiece is the very essence of action, adventure, suspense, power, romance, and raw emotion. Right from the first page, while providing background information on relatable characters and drawing the reader into a story that they will never want to end and will never, ever forget, Cormack slams the reader with a plethora of emotions.
You will feel.
You will hurt.
Be prepared for it.
I teared up quite a few times. At the same time, the story is amazing and its pacing is perfect. While you may want to read the first book just to have read the series in order, I don’t believe it’s not necessary. I myself was able to follow each part of the story easily. I won’t give it all away, but I will say that Kim is a master of her craft. I stayed up late into the night reading this one and could not put it down. I’m looking forward to reading the rest of the Children of Ankh series. Enlightenment was amazing!
1 vote Max_E._Stone | Jul 13, 2016 |
Enlightenment The Children of Ankh is the second in this amazing series. I haven’t read book 1 but was easily able to pick up the story, so I will say that you can easily just read book 2 if you so wish.

The characters are all well-developed and easy to get to know, some likeable others not so, but they all have their individual nuances and foibles making each believable.

The plot is fast paced throughout, full of excitement and emotion from page 1. You will need those tissues handy for the sadder parts. Be ready to experience every emotion in your vocabulary from love, laughter, fear, hatred, excitement, etc. They will be strong and frequent.

What more can I say? This is a must read for anyone who loves fantasy or paranormal. Enjoy.

NB I received this book free for an honest review ( )
1 vote theReadingHead | Aug 17, 2015 |

Kim Cormack is a LibraryThing Author, an author who lists their personal library on LibraryThing.

About | Contact | Privacy/Terms | Help/FAQs | Blog | Store | APIs | TinyCat | Legacy Libraries | Early Reviewers | Common Knowledge | 127,191,508 books! | Top bar: Always visible